cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

pentraks
Journeyman III

2990WX random crushes - ACPI15

Hi, more than a year ago i built 2 exactly the same PC's  with the exact same configuration.
Both computers run the same software & are placed next to each other,  used by me and my brother.
My brother got lucky his computer runs as expected since day 1, having no problem at all, flawless.
Me in the contrary, i got unlucky having totally random fatal crushes (not even BSOD).

Sometimes not even hard RESET button is working!

The configuration for both machines is:

CPU: AMD 2990WX

RAM: 64Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000MHz C19 XMP 2.0  (8 DIMMS)

MOBO: GIGABYTE DESIGNARE RX X399

HDD: NVMe SAMSUNG  970 PRO 500GB

PSU: CX750M

VGA: AMD RADEON PRO WX8200

CPU COOLING: CORSAIR HYDRO H45 WATER COOLING SYSTEM WITH APPROPRIATE ADAPTER.

OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen master installed control mode: auto.

All latest Bios, drivers & updates for every hardware

Initially i didn't know where to start, i thought it was the PSU. i got a replacement.

Problems persisted.

then i thought it was a faulty motherboard so i RMA that one too and got a new one.
Problems persisted.
then i started to swap ALL other hardware with my brother, and kept them since then.

Problems persisted. (the other pc still has solid performance)

Windows a year now+ have been installed over previous versions 1-2 times through normal MS updates.

Problems persisted.

All this  took me a year of trying to find a solution either by changing hardware or by updating os and drivers.
No chance. 

It may crush 2-3 times a day, it may also take 3-4 days to crush. totally random.
Crushes mainly occur on idle or during non demanding work.
i have tried CPU stress tests, non of them ended up crushing.

I tried to check windows crush log. 

I get this ACPI 15 critical error just before the crush.

i also tried to disable c state (as stated on a different thread in this support forum) that had similar issues, but in vain.

I am desperate. I lose critical work progress every time it crushes. This  PC  cost me a fortune and i cannot work. i have run out of patience and ideas.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
At your disposal to provide more info that could help resolve my problem

Thanks in advance

#2990wx #Crushes #acpi15

0 Likes
2 Replies
pentraks
Journeyman III

i guess i am doomed

0 Likes
jigzaw
Elite

This maybe a long shot. Try to mirror your brother's OS to yours and key in your license. Hope someone chime in to help you out.

0 Likes