cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hardside
Journeyman III

2950X temperatures "survey"

I'm having serious doubts about the performance of cooling solutions for my 2950X. So the questions is, what is the normal temperature (I mean idle, turned on the PC, logged in and did nothing special for few minutes) of your 2950X? If you want to specify any more details, you're welcome. But mostly, I'd just like to know what am I expected to see when I turn on the PC with 2950X, log in, go get a coffee, come back and look at temps.

As an added detail, right now I have this browser window open, Kaspersky doing full scan and the temp is 64 degrees Celsius - which makes me think that my cooling is worthless... Unless of course, that's expected.

0 Likes
7 Replies

Well that would depend on what your cooling is, and if you're reading the correct temperature. Guru3D in their review of the 2950X recorded a die temperature of 67.8*C under full core stress (wPrime), which is the actual temperature. Ryzen Master also reports the correct temperature.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

hardside, a whole lot depends on how your are measuring the temperature.  There is only one valid measure of Ryzen CPU temperature and that is Ryzen Master.  Please post a screenshot of Ryzen master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  My CPU is 35C right now and I think about 60C is the max I have ever seen.  Here are my specifications:

MSI X399 Creation, Threadripper 2990WX, 3xSamsung SSD 970 EVO RAID0, 4xSSD 960 EVO on
MSI AeroXpander RAID10, 1TB & 500 GB WD Black, G.SKILL Flare X F4-3200C14Q-32GFX,
Windows 10 x64 Pro, EnerMax-MaxTytan-EDT1250EWT, Enermx Liqtech TR4 280 CPU Cooler,
Radeon RX580, Aquantia 10 GbpS Ethernet NIC, UEFI E7B92AMS.120, AGESA SummitPI-SP3r2-

Here are your processor specifications:

pastedImage_1.jpg

I went to CPU water coolers several generations ago and have not regretted it.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
hardside
Journeyman III

Thanks for replies. I'm reading the temp from the Zenith Extreme motherboard's display. It is the same as Ryzen Master or HWinfo Tdie shows. I checked them all and then some. Problem seems to be my AIO cooler - Enermax LiqTech TR4 II 360 - apparently they only last few months, before the CPU block gets clogged and cooling efficiency goes to hell. Replacement is on the way, and I am seriously considering going custom loop.
I mean - turn on the PC, log in, read couple forums and have 50+ degrees on the CPU is just wrong....

0 Likes

hardside, I have the 280 version of your cooler and have no problems with it or an older 240 on my 1950X.  I have seen more than one post here of people with problems with their coolers.  I do run my pump and all fans on 12 volts.  I really like EnerMax (my power supplies for some time) and hope they have corrected there goop problem.  If they have I suspect you will have many years of good service, so please give it some time.  Closed loop systems can be expensive.  I still would like to see your RM screenshot, please.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
hardside
Journeyman III

pastedImage_1.png

There you go, this is basically just after the restart (had to go into no Hyper-V mode). And just FYI:

pastedImage_2.png 

0 Likes

Thanks, much hardside.  That is hot for the load!  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
ankitp
Journeyman III

Hie,

I just made a new workstation having 128GB RAM, Threadripper 2950X with cooler master ML240 RGB. I have two question

1) My new liquid cooler ML 240 fans create a gurgling sound too loud when starts, and when the system becomes idle the sound continuous but in low, can someone tell me what's the problem with it, and how to solve this??

2) With this cooler what will be the idle cooling temperature and overclocking temperature?? 

0 Likes