CPU Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360

Motherboard: Gigabyte x399 Aorus Pro

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB @ 3200Mhz Quad Channel

Storage: Samsung Evo 970 1TB NVME

Storage: Crucial MX500 500Gb M.2

Video Card: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11GB

My current loads are as follows:

Playing Smite

OBS Streaming - 1080p @ Fast Preset (Getting problems on any preset)

Discord

Steam

Teamspeak 3

Firefox (2 tabs)

Like this thread here:

Threadripper Gaming + OBS Streaming = FPS drop 

I've tried multiple variances and still in the same position. G-Sync Is off, running both monitors on 120hz and updated to all latest drivers. I have tried a previous version of OBS but still having the same problems.

After speaking to someone who knows OBS much better than i do, i was recommended these settings: "bframes=2 b-adapt=2 fast-pskip=0 rc-lookahead=60 trellis=1" for x264 options. This did help until today and now i'm back to square one where i am receiving a huge amount of frame drop and encoding overload.

Does anyone have a similar problem to me? Could it be poor RAM modules? I'm unsure as to what is causing an issue at this rate.

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

funball, if you will post a screenshot of Ryzen Master  (RM) - simple drag-n-drop the image into your response, I will take a look.  What is OBS?  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

What I find strange is that the latest Driver for AMD also mentions about not finding a fix for OBS having stutter and frame loss:

Nivdia seems to have a similar issue with OBS Software since it is happening with your Nvidia GPU card. Seems like you should be asking at Nvidia G-Force Forums this question since it seems to be a GPU issue rather than a CPU issue.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

In a system with RTX 2000 series graphics card, CPU is not used for streaming with x264 fast setting with OBS. Your current GPU is much more appropriate for encoding than your processor per second. Use NVENC with OBS.
img-62.png
Edit: Also, the problem you're experiencing is that CPU can not provide the required quality images in 1 second (about x264 fast setting 60FPS), and is similar to the error that AMD graphics cards make with OBS. Furthermore, there are huge differences between the encoding of a frame of a computer game and a frame of a cinema. Computer games require higher dimensions. CPU cannot keep up with this difference.