cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ekkin0x
Adept I

2700x too hot.

Hello ! (sorry if my english is trash tier!).

Just finished to install my 2700X and the temp vacillate between 55-65-70 in IDDLE (going up if I watch a video or a stream or if I open Chrome). While it's between 75-85 in games. 

The CPU is at 5% of use. 

Thermal paste is well applied (Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut). The CPU fan is working too. Temperature of my room is at 20°+ but I don't think that'll change something.

Here's my setup : 

2700X (Wraith prism for cooler)

B450 TUF GAMING PLUS

RX 480

16 GO Corsair vengeance 

And the case : Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 RGB (Not good air flowing but good enough for my last CPU Intel I5 4670K with air cooling).

(Sorry it's in french but since you have the software, you'll be able to translate it!).

Here's a screen from RYZEN MASTER, as you can see, I'm at 61°C. And 97% with the EDC (Balanced mod).

AMD_Ryzen_Master_T2iK0Ne61x.png

I tried everything (Not a W10 reset but if you can't find something, I'll try it!)# but can't seem to find an answer to lower the temps :/

Can you guys help me ? 

Thanks a lot!

Ekkin0x.

5 Replies

The wraith prism is AMD's best cooler. It honestly usually does a bit better than that. You idle temps especially worry me as well as you are hitting max temp. You might want to take a good look at the base of that cooler. There have been reports of some of them not having the heat pipes flush to each other. If that were the case it could explain the temps. 

I can tell you that for instance the Cooler Master 212 evo that I use gives much better results than the stock cooler. They run about 35 bucks USA. 

If you bought that boxed processor retail you could try to exchange it for another and see if you get a bit more lucky. If you can detect a defect with the stock cooler you could get AMD to RMA it too.

Just know that the max temp for that processor is 85 and at a max of 85 you are running too hot.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-7-2700x 

0 Likes
fyrel
Miniboss

Turn off the overclock.

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

mine at idle with just this page open,Corsair H100i Platinum AIO,then after 3 runs of Cinebench R15.

2700x.jpg2700x 1.jpg

0 Likes
ekkin0x
Adept I

Hey guys,

thanks for the answers. I just bought the Cooler Master 212. I'll receive it saturday. I'll keep you updated.

For now, I did some minor changes like putting windows in power saver mode and here're the results : pastedImage_1.png

Lower temps for now! I'll wait the new cooler to turn it back to normal mode!

Kindly,

Ekiin0x

PS : fyrel the overclock was already off when I posted !

Hi guys,

It was the stock cooler after all! pastedImage_1.png

Thanks a lot for your help ! 

Kindly,

Ekkin0x.