Adept I

Re: 2700x Thermal Shutdown

Same but all my CPU temps are high.

CPU idles at more than 60ºC

0 Kudos
elstaci
MVP

According to this Review on the Ryzen 2700X Temperature reading. It has an Offset of 10 degree Centigrade.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X review - Power Consumption​.

But I noticed on the image you Posted that the Tdie (correct temperature reading for the CPU) is 100 C which is overheating.

0 Kudos
frikencio
Adept I

Already know that and that is between Tctl and Tdie and both are astronomically high. And I am not talking about 10ºC more or less. I am talking about getting 100ºC when the CPU should be more like 50ºC on water @ 1.2V

0 Kudos
elstaci
MVP

What BIOS do you have installed? I am confused because there is no version 6101 for your Asus Motherboard unless you have a different Motherboard than the one I linked to.

In the link concerning the Gigabyte Motherboard with overheating 2700X from my previous post, it turned out to be the BIOS causing the issue.

0 Kudos
frikencio
Adept I

I tried 2 different BIOSes

Official 6004 from ASUS Webpage

BETA 6101 from elmor (Asus BIOS worker)

I would try to flash to 6001 if needed.

0 Kudos
os2wiz
Elite

I have the same problem with my 2700X on my MSI X370 Titanium. It

does a thermal shutdown at 100 Celcius under cinebench 15 or RealBench.

I never got such temps under full load on my Ryzen 1800X . I had both

cpus under water with my Alphacool Eisbaer 360 the 1800X never went

above 65 Celcius under stress from Prime 95. There is something wrong

either with the sensors on the chip some thermal issue with the silicon

or else the new bios does not work with the 2700X properly.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please can you download the latest version of Ryzen Master Tool and use that to check your temperatures?

AMD Ryzen™ Master Utility for Overclocking Control | AMD

0 Kudos
frikencio
Adept I

I just RMAed the chip. But thanks for your help.

Ryzen Master was showing me the same high temperatures.

If I set everything on Auto my CPU would just simply undervolt/underclock itself to 3.0-3.25Ghz and 0.9V under load to avoid Thermal Shutdown and keep under 95ºC.

CPU was not meeting the requirements for 2700X spec (no even the 3.7Ghz Base spec is met) on BIOS default/Auto so I returned it.

Overclocking, of course, was out of the question with these issues.

I just popped in my old R7 1700 and it never goes above 45-50ºC while overclocked. AiO is fine, cooling is fine, PSU is fine... Everything looks fine except the CPU.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fair enough, hope the replacement processor fixes your issue.

0 Kudos
os2wiz
Elite

I will bet my bottom dollar that your 2700X was not the culprit but the issue was the bios on your Crosshair VI. My issue which was almost identical to yours was resolved as soon as I installed the 2700X in the MSU X470 Gaming M7  motherboard., completely resolved. I have to believe the upgrade bioses they have issued for X370 motherboards are buggy and are at the heart of this issue.