Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

2700x Thermal Shutdown

My 2700X is getting up to 115ºC Tctl and then shutdowns itself even at STOCK.

hIu7PrM.jpg

- Cooler is h115i (Water temp 30-40ºC)

- Board is Crosshair 6 Hero and 6101 BIOS

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: 2700x Thermal Shutdown

Does Corsair LINK backup those readings? Under Prime95 stress and even the pump on quiet my slightly OCd 1800X barely hits 70.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I come from a 1700 that OCed with 1.45V/LLC4 and never got it pass 85ºC.

Now this 2700X with 1.25V/LLC3 goes up to 115ºC and shutdowns.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

BIOS updated to the one released two days ago?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Of course, also tried other BIOSes.

re4hgre4hg.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

There was another person on here with an overheating problem, Does the Ryzen 7 2700X run HOT?​ which turned out to be a BIOS problem, and I'd say a reading of 140*C is either a sensor glitch or reading glitch which is throwing off the other readings, especially since Corsair has long since compensated for the offset temperature and matched the package and CPU temperature readings in their software, as well as AMD having corrected Ryzen Master's temperature readout.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I don't care about what number it shows, I care about that number affecting my CPU so the system Shutdowns. Last BIOS, last everything and Ryzen Master shows also the same high temperatures.

Everything in stock the CPU lowers its speed to 3700Mhz because of that and still reaches 90ºC or more.

Reflashed BIOS, Clear CMOS, run stock settings....

I think this CPU is broken.

rswegvbrsedgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Where did you get the last BIOS for your Motherboard. According to Asus the latest BIOS version for the Crosshair 6 Hero is: ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA

BIOS - Version 6004 - 04/19/2018

AMD Chipset - Version 512038 - 02/24/2018

Found this post from Tom's Hardware Forum about the CPU watercooler you are using also causing the CPU to overheat. It is old but may still help you find your problem: Corsair watercooling H115i installation - cpu overheat - [Solved] - CPUs​.

Found this thread from Corsair using Watercooling on a Ryzen 2700X also overheating: New AMD Ryzen 2700X CPU running HOT - The Corsair User Forums

Here is the guide to install the Corsair on an AMD Motherboard:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

I am getting a similar thermal shutdown when I set my cpu frequency above 3.8 GHZ on my 2700 X on my MSI X370 Titanium. Apparently in cinebench 15 and in Real Bench my cpu temps will rise to 100 Celcius and then shut down. I have excellent water cooling on my Alphacool Eisbaer 360 aio. I suspect AVX code i in Real Bench and possibly in cinebench 15 cpu (multicore) may be the point of soaring cpu temp. But on this same setup with my Ryzen 1800X on cinebench and Real bench my cpu vore temps never rose above 64 Celcius under full stress.. Is the cpu defective or is it the bios on the motherboard???  I am running the latest Pinnacle Ridge official bios on the Titanium.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Everything is the same I just swapped ny 1700 cpu for the 2700X.

1700 1.45V/LLC4 never reached 85ºC

2700X 1.2V/LLC0 reaches over 100ºC

The CPU is COOL when I see 100ºC temps on my screen. I can just tocuh the socket and the back of the motherboard and it is cool.

0 Kudos