cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: 2700X random crashes, hard hang

if the BIOS defaults are not working, check for a BIOS update and then read manuals on memory galore

0 Likes
manveerj
Journeyman III

I have replaced the ram with gskill trident z 3200 c16 ram. It has still crashed. It is clear the processor is simply garbage. I will be sure to leave a review on every possibly site as to how bad this processor is.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

manveerj wrote:

I have replaced the ram with gskill trident z 3200 c16 ram. It has still crashed. It is clear the processor is simply garbage. I will be sure to leave a review on every possibly site as to how bad this processor is.

All I know is that AMD processors are more picky with memory compared with the Intel processor, not sure if it is a BIOS issue or what

0 Likes
manveerj
Journeyman III

I don't know why you keep saying bios issue when the same error has occurred under the previous bios and the updated bios. This is very clearly simply a terrible product from AMD. They have lost a customer for life and I will be sure to tell everyone I know not to buy these shoddy products either

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

RAM is initialized in the BIOS.

0 Likes
Trist04160
Journeyman III

The only thing you didn't try was changing the speed to 2933mhz right? I had a problem like this where it crashed when I turned XMP on and it was set to 3000mhz. I saw on the website for the 2700X that it can handle memory up to 2933mhz so I changed the speed to 2933mhz and it works perfectly. Not hard at all to do, just do your research and learn. It's not the processor that's the problem, it's most likely the ram speed.

0 Likes
mohitgaming
Journeyman III

bro any solution i have same issue with this processor

0 Likes
JoK3Ro7
Journeyman III

I am having the same issue with my 2700x...

0 Likes
sklorpion
Journeyman III

answer is here : https://steamcommunity.com/app/8930/discussions/0/1693788384127278334/?ctp=2

solution is:

setting MaxSimultaneousThreads = 12 in the file .local/share/Aspyr/Sid\ Meier\'s\ Civilization\ 5/config.ini

0 Likes