cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

xshinkux
Journeyman III

2700x Packaged Temperatures

I've just bought a 2700x and a Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming mobo and when I go check on the cpu temps it has them all packaged and I can't see individual stats. Is that normal for a Ryzen, also the fact they are packaged may be why my NZXT CAM software glitches out and stops cooling my cpu.

0 Likes
5 Replies

If by "packaged" you mean no individual core temperatures, then yes, it's normal.

0 Likes

Okay awesome, thanks for that. It's weird because intel tells you all core temps so you can work out if you are perfectly cooling instead of one core getting extremely hot

0 Likes

There's no such thing as a "core hotspot". Intel, until AMD proved them wrong, used thermal paste between the CPU cores and head spreader, whereas AMD uses Indium solder, which efficiently transfers heat away from the CPU cores. Also, as you can see in the de-lid picture for the 1800X, the two CCXs, each containing 4 full cores (integer + floating point processor) each are in the center of the CPU package and soldered to the heat spreader, so unless you have a defective, warped cooler, or apply the TIM incorrectly, both of which you could visually see, you can't have a hotspot.

https://www.techpowerup.com/img/17-03-10/3bfcbae37b1e.jpg

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

xshinkux, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (R) - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  RM is the only valid temperature reporter.  I am not familiar with NZXT CAM and since you told us almost nothing about your HW we cannot even speculate.  I run all my CPU fans and pump on 12 Volts and have no such problems.  My specifications:

MSI X399 Creation, Threadripper 2990WX, 3xSamsung SSD 970 EVO RAID0, 4xSSD 960 EVO on
MSI AeroXpander RAID10, 1TB & 500 GB WD Black, G.SKILL Flare X F4-3200C14Q-32GFX,
Windows 10 x64 Pro, EnerMax-MaxTytan-EDT1250EWT, Enermx Liqtech TR4 280 CPU Cooler,
Radeon RX580, Aquantia 10 GbpS Ethernet NIC, UEFI E7B92AMS.120, AGESA SummitPI-SP3r2-

Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

All good someone else replied with the answer. They don't show individual cpu temps like intel does. Which makes finding core hot spots impossible. But appreciate the help

0 Likes