cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

omengef_ti
Journeyman III

2700x 1.4+ Volts Safe Long-Term?

i have a ryzen 2700x and when i allow it to go into boost when i have demanding tasks running (4.0+ GHz) i watch and the voltage goes OVER 1.45 volts here and there. This is abnormally high for the average cpu but ik ryzens are cheaper forthe money and amd had to cut costs somehwerew, looks to be the voltage areas. My question: Long Term(&+years of operation) is it degrading/degradable to the cpu allowing itself to channel voltages like 1.3 1.4 1.45 etc go through it to achieve this boost frequencies? I am alarmed that this has this high of a voltage going through without overclocking. Capture.JPG

0 Likes
5 Replies

As long as it drops under 1.4v under full core load, there's no problem.

0 Likes

Drops under 1.4 periodically or stays under 1.4?

0 Likes

It should drop under, but heat is what's important, as long as it stays under 95*C, ideally under 80*C, then you're going to be fine. Considering within the next 4-5 years processors should literally be twice as fast as the Ryzen 2000 series while supporting DDR5 and PCIe 5.0, I would have no problems saying your processor will last at least that long, as long as you keep it cool.

What's it show when you put it under a full core stress, such as under AIDA64 stressing just the cache? Just stressing the cache puts a large workload on the CPU without causing it to really suck down the power and throw off tons of heat.

0 Likes

I stressed the cpu cache, fpu and cpu cores. first pic is cache stress and second is IA Core stress only. hovers around 1.2-1.3 volts.

Sorry about the ugly black side lines

Thanks for the replies.

My understanding is that the high voltage (1.4-1.45 volts) while under minimal to 1/2 load (approximate) and boosting as high as it can wont have a bearing on its lifespan? heat is all i should worry about(dont need to unless my AIO goes)?

https://dl3.pushbulletusercontent.com/vTBan9us2M7mE0JGce3I1rVyCgYqHNSu/IMG_6922.JPG

https://dl3.pushbulletusercontent.com/YzQUQzqx0kamfI3JQYLQz6hPNab4ArA5/IMG_6924.jpg

0 Likes

My R5 3600 when pushed hard can also get up to 1.4V occasionally. My CPU easily get to the claimed Turbo speeds with the larger Wraith Stealth cooler, MX-4 and the speed switch set to high. My CPU is colder than the original fan achieve.