cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ieatworld
Journeyman III

2600x unstable unless i go to bios first

be it overclocked or stock, its not stable when first turning it on. i need to go to bios, hit f10 and restart only then will it be stable. is this a motherboard issue? im using the latest bios.

plus the vdroop is horrendous, im running at 1.4v and at load the voltage drops to 1.27v @ 4ghz

mobo: msi b450m mortar

cooler: wraith prism

psu: 550w seasonic 80+ bronze

ram: 4x4gb gskill ripjaws v 2400mhz

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

ieatworld, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  I want to see the 'droop'.  If you restart later, do you need to open the BIOS?  I suspect the 'droop' you describe is not a bad 'droop', just the SOC code adjusting Vcore and other things to stay within certain limits.  RM should allow us to make some conclusions.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT: Your specifications:

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Likes
ieatworld
Journeyman III

pastedImage_1.png

here you go, ryzen master voltage isnt moving, its just stuck at 1.4125 but when i look at hwmonitor its a different story.

shutting down the pc makes it unstable, resetting isnt a problem. plus i get a wattman alert that it encountered an unexpected error everytime i turn on the pc from a shutdown state.

thanks for replying

0 Likes

Thanks, ieatworld.  I can tell nothing from RM, probably due to changes you made in the BIOS.  When there is a conflict between RM and BIOS the display means nothing.  I expect the temperature is fine,  hwmonitor I recommend not using because it has such a bad reputation.  To try to get some reasonable numbers in RM, please do a Clear CMOS using instructions in the user manual and run again.  That PPT, TDC, and EDC are all -- is not useful.  I am also surprised that Control Mode is set to Manual.  I have no experience with Wattman.  Please post a screenshot of the error message.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes