cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ezy86
Journeyman III

2600x or 1700x streaming

Hi sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place.

I am currently running a pc with an i5 7600k cpu and i get very good fps with this while gaming. The problem i have is it is trash for streaming with the x264 encoder. I am stuck between getting the Ryzen 2600x or the 1700x and need some advice.

I will mainly be streaming ps4 via a capture card so i know both of these cpu's will be more than enough for 1080p 60fps streaming but i need a cpu that can give me good fps when i occasionally stream and game on the same pc.

Anyone got any advice as to which 1 i should get? I am currently running with a gtx 1070 graphics card at the moment and i stream using the nvenc encoder which is not very good in quality but i want as high frames as possible when streaming and gaming on my pc.

Any help would be appreciated. (my budget is £300 for a new cpu and motherboard)

The thing that is swaying me towards the 2600x is you get a fan with it where as you don't with the 1700x and i am not sure my Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo will fit on a 1700x

0 Likes
3 Replies

They're the same price in the UK, at least on overclockers.co.uk, so I would go with the 1700X. The 2600X is -slightly- faster, but you have two fewer processing cores, and for streaming you will want as much power as you can get. CoolerMaster states out of the box support for Socket AM4 for that heatsink. Aria.co.uk currently has a bundle of the 1700X and the ASUS Prime X370 Pro for £300 https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/AMD+Ryzen+7+1700X+%2B+ASUS+PRIME+X370+PRO+Mother... but your bigger issue could be your RAM. If you don't have quality DDR4-3200 modules compatible with the motherboard, you're going to have to buy new ones which could be £150 or more.

0 Likes

I really need to get new ram? it says in the specs of that mobo / cpu that it can be  Memory Speeds (MHz) : 2133 - 2666.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

0 Likes

If you don't have DDR4-3200 (or faster) modules compatible with that motherboard then yes, you will need new RAM. Ryzen's Infinity Fabric runs at the same frequency as the RAM, and the performance difference between 2133 and 3200 is several percentage points. The good news is that as AMD has tweaked the code the compatibility list is much larger than it used to be. For that board, for example:

0 Likes