cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

lp21
Journeyman III

Re: 2400g solid green screen crash with no text.

For me, the green screen usually only occurs though when playing on maximized mode or full screen mode.

Ram is 8GB (2x4 dual) 2666MHz

The first time i experienced the green screen i thought my pc had crashed but the sound was still playing in-game.

Tried switching off/on the screen which ended up with the screen showing "static".

Only thing that worked was unplugging the HDMI cable from the motherboard and re-plugging it back in...

Hope this helps some people.

0 Likes
fordracerguy
Adept I

Spoke too soon. The problem has come back. I wish AMD would notice this thread and give us a status update. I have no doubt in my mind that there is a design flaw in the CPU, and perhaps a microcode update can fix it. So sad.

0 Likes
k1ng4rthur
Adept I

u can use this command "Ctrl + Shift + WindowsKey  + B" for reset the vga driver, too.

0 Likes
layman13
Journeyman III

when i go to the system information the radeon software says that i use ddr3 memory and not ddr4 is this a bug?

0 Likes
genosider
Adept I

Yes is a bug

Enviado do Email para Windows 10

De: layman13

Enviado:segunda-feira, 18 de junho de 2018 11:49

Para: João Victor Oliveira Pereira

Assunto: Re: 2400g solid green screen crash with no text. | AMD DeveloperForums

Community

in Processors

when i go to the system information the radeon software says that i use ddr3 memory and not ddr4 is this a bug?

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

1. Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

2. Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

3. Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

---

Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivírus.

https://www.avast.com/antivirus

0 Likes
layman13
Journeyman III

I reinstalled cpu drivers,chipset drivers and i installed amd autodetect and it seems the problem is solved for me.

I don't know if that is important but i also changed monitor.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you experience the green screen, could share the make and model of the display you are using and how you are connected to the display? Ie Samsung U32850R connected via HDMI.

I would like to relay this information to engineering, thanks.

0 Likes
powerarmour
Journeyman III

I've also had the green screen issue, but I have a reproducible black screen issue also.

Hardware:

Ryzen 5 2400G

Noctua NH-L9A-AM4

ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I mITX motherboard (BIOS 0601)

16GB (2x 8GB) G.Skill Flare X DDR4-3200 (F4-3200C14D-16GFX)

(Various 150W-650W PSU's tested, initially thought it was a power issue, but it isn't)

System is completely CPU (Prime95) and Memtest86 stable, turbo/core performance boost off, RAM @ 3200Mhz/DOCP.

Issue only presents when the GPU is under load, and then only certain games/benchmarks, what happens is that the screen will go black (monitor will lose connection, and yes, I've tried two different monitors...) and the system will freeze in the 'on' state, and I'm unable to shut the machine down by holding the power button, I have to manually disconnect the power cord, or shut off the PSU. Seems like a BIOS issue for me IMHO as it happens on both Win10 (both Q2 2018 & 18.5.1 drivers) and Linux, but can't prove it at the moment, though a driver alone 'shouldn't' hard lock a system like this.

These games/benchmarks cause the issue at the moment:

Tomb Raider (2013, Win10 and Linux (though Solus w/new Kernel/Mesa updates now seems okay))

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Win10 and Linux (Solus w/new Kernel/Mesa updates now seems okay also))

Bioshock Remastered

3DMark Cloud Gate

3DMark IceStorm Unlimited

3DMark Sky Diver (will occasionally run through fine, but usually crashes half way in Test 2)

Dark Souls Remastered

These games/benchmarks work perfectly fine without issue:

Doom (2016)

3DMark Firestrike

3DMark API Overhead Feature Test

SOMA (Win10 and Solus)

Dark Souls III

Trine 2 (Win10 and Solus)

0 Likes
fordracerguy
Adept I

Above I mentioned that replacing the CPU fixed the problem. The problem came back, but it is now happening once a day instead of every 15 minutes. The only other thing that changed (at the same time) was the display. Previously it was an AOC M2470SWH and now it is an ASUS VP247QG. Both using HDMI

onjingbonjing
Adept I

i'm f*ck*ng sure that the main reason of this problem is the Graphics Driver. Because every time i got a Black screen display all i have to do is

press the WinKey+CTRL+Shift+B  and my display is back to normal.

AMDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD....    PLEASE UPDATE THE Graphics Driver  ASAP.

0 Likes