cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

villekille
Newcomer

2400G ryzen with Solidworks unusable, very difficult problem

There seems to be serious bug in AMD Ryzen 2400G processor or its drivers. I have now tried to reinstall both solidworks and drivers but same issue persists. tried different drivers and same problem persists. Only times when problem does not appear, is if I remove the drivers and windows is using the standard driver but that is not very good quality or speed then.

When I click almost at anything, the screen flashes quickly with black borders. And if I am on the screen looking at a part, if I just click once a left button, to choose the part / face, then the whole part screen becomes smaller and smaller with each click, and only choosing some other feature from the tools, brings the screen back to normal. It is basically making all kind of work nearly impossible.  This was the main reason for me to buy the processor to get a neat and quick enough computer to make simple designs but this is worse than a basic model celeron with its integrated graphics. Please help.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Need to give more computer information as per AMD Forum: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Are you using Windows or Linux? What version of Windows or Linux?

Make & Model of Motherboard, GPU card installed, Ram installed, or Laptop.

Which version of Solid Works do you have installed?

Solid Works System Requirement: SOLIDWORKS | Hardware & System Requirements | SOLIDWORKS

Solid Works Certified GPU Cad Requirement: Graphics Card Drivers | Hardware & System Requirements | SOLIDWORKS

Solid Works Download of new versions, service packs, and add-ins : Downloads | Support | SOLIDWORKS

The only reason I linked all those Solid Works pages is just to make sure you have the latest version and packs or add-ins to the version you have installed plus to verify you have the correct requirements to run Solid Works on your PC.

Here is the latest AMD APU Driver for the Rzyen 2400G : AMD Ryzen™ 5 2400G Drivers & Support | AMD

It is possible that the Ryzen 5 2400G is not compatible with Solid Works program if you don't have a Certified GPU Card installed and just using the Integrated Graphics on the 2400G.

According to this User at Tom's Hardware Forum, the Ryzen 2400G is comparable to a GTX 1030 GPU card. Don't know how accurate this info is thought: Best graphics card for Ryzen 2400G - [Solved] - Graphics Cards

ScottrayFeb 26, 2018, 4:56 PM

The Ryzen 2400G includes integrated graphics which are roughly equivalent to an Nvidia GTX1030. In comparison, this is about 2 - 3 times better than Intel's integrated graphics. If you buy this APU, you don't need a discrete graphics card (for low end gaming). If you want to step up, a Ryzen 1400 or 1500X provides similar CPU power (and no integrated graphics) and then add a GTX1050Ti GPU

0 Likes