cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

marcamd
Adept I

2400G Ryzen Processor was dead on initial powerup

2400G Ryzen Processor was dead when trying to power up in motherboard.  Had the processor tested in another motherboard.  This processor was obtained during a charity auction by my employer where AMD participated.  I assume this is why the serial number is what it is.  So given I don't have a valid serial number how do I get a replacement? How do  I get a replacement processor with a serial number of 123456780123?

Images of the box attached.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Open a online AMD WARRANTY REQUEST and input those numbers. The Ryzen APU should have the same part number as the box stamped on the outer metal casing of the Processor. Send them the Photos and any documents you have on how you received it.

Processor in a Box have a three year Warranty. Not sure if your APU would be covered since you got it at a Charity Auction.

Here is where you can open an AMD WARRANTY REQUEST online: AMD Warranty Request Form | AMD 

From AMD WARRANTY REQUEST on how to fill out the online form:

0 Likes

I tried to open a warranty request.  And it's rejecting the invalid serial number.  That is why I am asking here on what to do :-)

0 Likes

Is the invalid Serial Number the same that is imprinted on the Ryzen Metal Casing?

If it is, then you need to open a AMD Support Ticket and give them the Serial Number. The box mentioned that it was not for Resale. The Ryzen might not be a Retail version of the Ryzen CPU, thus the invalid Serial Number. Just guessing though.

Open an AMD Support Ticket and explain about the problem you are having with the Online AMD Warranty Request site. Here is the Link: Online Service Request | AMD . Include either this link or the photos you took. Best to take a photo showing the imprinted numbers on the Ryzen Metal outer casing.

0 Likes
marcamd
Adept I

I already contacted AMD via phone and am e-mailing with them.  I sent them the photos and it is being worked on.

Thanks for the suggestion of checking the serial number on the processor itself.

I will do that later today.