Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

walter1
Journeyman III

200GE with VEGA graphics no video output

Hello everyone,

i wanted to build a pc in my old NES, since it broke last year, and i was going to buy an Motherboard with an Intel CPU, but then i was like, why not go AMD with a CPU that has VEGA graphics, but its a knida rocky start :/

So here is the Problem:

• Issue Description: I get no video out on bouth DVI / HDMI (also tryed with my 1050ti from my main rig), no beeps from the MB, no nothing! It says on the official Biostar website the processor is supported, so i don´t know if my processor or what is broken?
  • Hardware: Athlon 200GE with its Heat Sink, a BIOSTAR X370GTN Ver. 5.1, 8GB RAM, a 90W Pico PSU (maybe not enough power for the CPU?) , 120GB SSD and an old NES Case (thats why the Pico PSU)

Has anyone a solution / tip how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
8 Replies
madriz
Journeyman III

If I got that right it is only 90w PSU? that may be it,  If not Try change the ram module to another socket. be sure you have a speaker plug in to the MOBO Hope it helps 

I had same Issue and moving ram around fixed it.

Also found that It never beeped because lack of internal speaker on the new enclosure

then was also no sound but moving the ram made it work and now it beeps happilly evry time it boots

0 Likes
arcticwind
Forerunner

Is your motherboard BIOS updated to run the Athlon 200GE (PRO / OEM processor) processor?

The BIOS needs to be version X37AK417.BSS AGESA Pinnacle PL 1.0.0.2a (2018-4-17) or newer.

0 Likes

Yeah so im pretty dumb tbh, i tryed putting the MB with the CPU in my main PC with internal speakers, a 750w PSu etc., but with the same result.

So i think i need to upgrade the BIOS, can i do it somehow with my 200GE installed or do i need another CPU ( if yes, my projekt is dead since im out of money)

0 Likes

walter1 wrote:

Yeah so im pretty dumb tbh, i tryed putting the MB with the CPU in my main PC with internal speakers, a 750w PSu etc., but with the same result.

So i think i need to upgrade the BIOS, can i do it somehow with my 200GE installed or do i need another CPU ( if yes, my projekt is dead since im out of money)

Definitely update the BIOS to the latest version

0 Likes

I agree with madriz ‌, you first need to install a better and more powerful PSU. 90 watt PSU won't run hardly any new hardware in today's modern computers.,

The GTX1050TI requires a MINIMUM PSU of 320 watts for Total System power (PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX ) and the AMD CPU TDP is 35 Watts but under load it could easily pass that amount of wattage.

Also agree with arcticwind‌, If you don't have the correct Motherboard BIOS installed it won't recognize the APU. You must have at least the minimum BIOS installed for your APU for the motherboard to recognize and make compatible the new AMD APU 200GE.

It wouldnt run any games, only Movies, Web browsing etc. So i think it would never go over the 90w PSU limit

0 Likes

If it is for just internet browsing and Video it might be sufficient.

Are you getting an ERROR 24 on your Motherboard? If so, that does indicate you DO need to update your BIOS. From Biostar Support concerning CPU Support: X370GTN Ver. 5.x AMD Socket motherboard gaming-Biostar 

Also from BIOSTAR Support BIOS download page:

Note: As long as you don't install a separate GPU Card, then your 90 Watt PSU may work most of the time without any problems. The minimum PSU needed to run an old GPU cards is 300 Watts as per this website: PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX 

0 Likes

Better to go get a new case and install a better power supply., long term, that will have benefits unseen now

0 Likes