cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Rezontop
Journeyman III

200GE not posting, not even BIOS

New budget build, I installed updated BIOSTAR A320Mh Pro driver with a R7 1800x to the most recent BIOS A32ASB07.BSS for that motherboard, I skipped ahead from the OG BIOS straight to the 1/13/2021 edition without installing anything else. I was hoping it would start or boot but it doesnt even show anything, even with a dedicated GPU installed. with the R7 it boots and runs fine, but with the 200GE its just a black screen, and i have no idea what to do. Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

0 Likes
2 Replies
jugikz
Journeyman III

Got the same issue. But my motherboard was an MSI. It didn't turned on when I did a post. I tried switching the RAM Stick to dims A1 and B1 but it's still the same. But I figure to install it on the case anyways 'coz I gotta sleep. I finished the build around 10am. After I installed it on the case, it post.  I don't know why. And that was around 11pm.

0 Likes
Thanny
Miniboss

Did you read the BIOS release notes?  Does it actually support the 200GE?  With some boards, you should only update to a particular BIOS version to support a subset of CPU's.  The BIOS isn't large enough to support all of them, so adding support for Zen 2 to an A320 board would entail dropping support for other chips, very likely including the 200GE.

You probably need to revert back to a BIOS revision that supports the chip.  Be sure to read all the release information, so you know what processors are actually supported.

0 Likes