CPU: AMD - Threadripper 1950X 3.4GHz 16-Core Processor 

CPU Cooler: Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 

Motherboard: MSI - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX TR4 Motherboard 

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage: Samsung - 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card

Case: Fractal Design - Define C ATX Mid Tower Case 

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply 

Got everything installed, everything plugged in, and I get a 00 code on the motherboard and it will not enter BIOS / POST screen. No video either. All the lights come on and fans spin up, but nothing else happens. The lights where the lcd code screen is also genty flicker / pulsate. The indicator lights on the

Steps I've taken - Checked every cable, used different RAM sticks and ports, tried booting with no RAM, pulled GPU, tried a known good CUP, re-seated CPU, pulled the mobo and powered it up while it sat on cardboard to detect any shorts that might be caused, tried CMOS reset, pulled the SSDs out, tried upgrading the BIOS as well. Have also waited 15 minutes, as someone mentioned that the first boot could take a while. Also the connections on the CPU and socket look fine.

At my wits end, am going to RMA unless someone has any other ideas I might not have tried.

0 Likes
13 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

arekku, the first problem to solve is 'no video' problem.  Your power supply is too low power, but that is not your problem at the time.  I am curious why you have two 2-channel memory kits instead of one 4-channel kit.  When you had the processor out, did you inspect your socket pins for any bent ones or ones with TIM on them?  So please do this: remove all drives and all memory and power up.  A zero hex code is probably saying that POST is completing OK.  You should now get a code reflecting no memory.  If still no video, move the video card to another PCIe slot.  Do you have PCIe power plugged into the PCIe card?  Do yo have both CPU power plugs connected to CPU power cables?  What cable are you using on the video card?  Please try a different one (HDMI, Display port).    I also have a 1950X as follows:

ASRock Fatal1ty X399 Pro Gaming, Threadripper 1950X, 2xSamsung SSD 960 EVO RAID0, 4xSSD

960 EVO on ASRock Ultra Quad, 1TB & 500 GB WD Black, G.SKILL [Flare X (for AMD)] F4-

3200C14Q-32GFX, Windows 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler,

Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.0, AGESA ThreadRipperPI-SP3r2-1.0.0.4

Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I don't think that the power supply is too low power, considering what I have read online. A zero hex code on my motherboard means a CPU error. I have already tried booting with no memory, as I stated, and received no change in codes. Both 8pin CPU cables are slotted in the motherboard. Tried multiple cables and screens for the Video Card. Yes I checked that there were no bent pins on the CPU slot.

0 Likes

arekku, is your UEFI by AMI?  My AMI codes document says a 00 code is not used.  Perhaps this is saying that the POST is not even starting.  I assume you used Flash-Back to update the UEFI.  Did it go according to the instructions - blinking button for a minute or two followed by no light?  Can you check all the PS voltages using a digital volt meter?  Good luck and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Yup, tried it again just to make sure. No change.

0 Likes

Here is the list your motherboard's QVL List for Corsair RAM MEMORY 3200 for Threadripper CPUs: Support For X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI G...

CorsairCMK16GX4M2B3200C16W ver4.3132003200Samsung1.35vSINGLE8GB√ | √ |
CorsairCMK64GX4M8B3200C16 ver4.3132003200Samsung1.35vSINGLE8GB√ | √ |
CorsairCMU16GX4M2C3200C16Y ver5.3932003200SK hynix1.35vSINGLE8GB√ | √ |
CorsairCMK16GX4M2B3200C16R ver4.3132003200Samsung1.35vSINGLE8GB√ | √ |
CorsairCMW32GX4M4C3200C16 ver5.3232003200SK hynix C1.35vSINGLE8GB√ | √ |
CorsairCMW64GX4M8C3200C16 ver4.3132003200Samsung 5WB1.35vSINGLE8GB√ | √ |

Ryzen CPUs are very sensitive to the type of RAM MEMORY installed. You should always install RAM MEMORY from your Motherboard's QVL List. Is your Corsair RAM MEMORY Modules listed?

According to this Reddit Thread, the Error 00 could be D0.https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/3w42dn/troubleshooting_error_code_00_on_msi_z170_gaming/  or  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748027-ryzen-no-postbios/

Does your Motherboard have any Trouble LED lit up? 

0 Likes

Downloaded your Motherboard's Manual and posted some images concerning the CPU and ERROR CODES. Make sure all of the CPU power on the motherboard are plugged in.

Pretty sure you have everything plugged in. Need to report if the DIMM LED lights are lit and any Trouble LED lights. Also need to post exactly what is running when you power up the computer - CPU fans, case fans, LEDs, etc.

0 Likes

Yes, the CPU trouble light is lit.

I'll triple check the CPU power cables tonight but I am very sure that I plugged both of those in. See screenshot I took the other night.

All the fans spin, the pump activates, and the normal lights come on.

mvimg_20180816_214921.jpg

0 Likes

Seems like you need at least One RAM MEMORY Stick to get BIOS to show up and boot.

As per this comment in Google Search:

If you're referring to a normal PC, no, you can't run it without separate RAM sticks attached, but that's only because the BIOS is designed not to attempt to boot with no RAM installed. However you can design a computer to work with no ram.

Note: is you Corsair RAM listed in the previous post for 3200 mhz RAM MEMORY for Corsair?

0 Likes

Don't have the RAM on hand to compare to. I'll check it when I get home. I'll also redo the cardboard test with a stick of RAM in.

Thanks for your help by the way.

0 Likes

My RAM does match the 16g sticks listed in that table.

Tried every RAM configuration I could think of and no change.

0 Likes

It is beginning to seem, in my personal opinion, you either have a defective CPU or Motherboard.

You can find out if AMD believes your CPU is defective by filling out a AMD RMA REQUEST from here: AMD Warranty Request Form .

Also I would contact MSI Support and open a Support Ticket and see if they believe your Motherboard may be defective.

Whatever you do, post back what you did to resolve your issue. Might help someone in the future.

0 Likes
jburb
Journeyman III

arekku, check the QVL list for your mobo; I don't see your memory lsited.

jburb

0 Likes
botkop
Journeyman III

I had the same problem, and it drove me close to insanity.

Maybe this will work for you too. It's all about the FOXCONN bracket. I'm not sure which bracket your mobo has.

I noticed that the CPU when locked in the FOXCONN bracket was not 100% horizontal.

I looked closely from screws 2&3 in the direction of screw 1, and noticed that the CPU on the side of screw 2 was more elevated than on the side of screw 3.

By applying an inordinate amount of force on screw 2 while tightening it, I was able get to the CPU level, and from then on it started working.