cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

神奇隆隆
Journeyman III

1700X RMA problem

I have a question, my Ryzen1700X has a problem and come back after the RMA is still 1700X,but why do manypeople's Ryzen 1700 can be upgraded to 3700Xwith NT800 after the RMA, if 1700 is out of stock, but have 1700X, should be upgraded to 1700X, how can directly let people paste money upgrade 3700X, then I buy 1700X has a problem but can not upgrade such very strange , my Ryzen 1700X is Taiwan Weikeng agent, 1700X is more expensive than 1700 results is 1700 RMA can be upgraded, I think it is very unfair, so who will buy more expensive products in the future.

0 Likes
7 Replies

Here is AMD 3 Year "Processor in a Box"  Warranty concerning what you are talking about: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-03 

But the part about where AMD will replace a defective Processor with a Re-certified processor is limited to certain countries as shown below from above Warranty:

The Warranty doesn't specify what type of upgrade you MIGHT received if the processor is not available. It just mentions an AMD processor of EQUAL or GREATER PERFORMANCE.

0 Likes

However, as I said above, Apply for warranty at the same time and at the same agent "Taiwan weijian", 1700 can get 3700X upgrade, 1700X can only get 1700X,The 1700X is a more expensive processor, while the 1700 is cheaper and has a better warranty. Why?

0 Likes

I realize English is not your native language. I had some difficulties in understanding your post.

But, from what I understand, AMD is not required to upgrade your RMA processor but to either repair or replace it with the same type of processor. If they don't have the processor in stock to replace, then to their discretion, they can give you a better performing processor or cash refund.

This is just my opinion reading the Warranty. But I suggest you go directly and open an Online AMD Warranty and ask them directly from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

0 Likes

At the same time,when applying for RMA from the same agent "Taiwan Weikeng",
"1700" can be upgraded to "3700X", but "1700X" can only get the original model,
so,why can i want to by a more expensive product?

0 Likes

From what I read, Taiwan Weikeng is a AMD Distributor and not part of AMD. If your processor is a OEM Processors, AMD Warranty is not covered by it. Weikeng is the company that covers Warranties on all AMD OEM Processors it sells.

Is your Processor an OEM Processor or did it come in a AMD Retail box?

These are the OEM and Retail Box Model numbers for the AMD 1700X:

If you purchases a regular AMD Retail box Processor than it is covered by AMD but if you bought a OEM Processor it is not covered by AMD Warranty.

Which Model number does your processor have?  OEM or Boxed microprocessor?

0 Likes

pastedImage_3.png

Boxed microprocessor

0 Likes

Okay you have a Retail Processor then you must go through AMD Warranty and ask them that question from the previous link i gave you.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-03 

Don't ask your distributor, wiekeng, unless you still have an Active Warranty with them. AMD Warranty goes into effect as soon as the Seller's Warranty expires.

0 Likes