Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

1700x or 1800x cooler

Jump to solution

I'm looking for a good air cooler that can be mounted push pull front to back. I'd like to spend $60> including the second fan and shipping. I will not be overclocking but I do sometimes render and number crunch. It also needs to be able to clear G.SKILL ripjaws 4 ram.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Re: 1700x or 1800x cooler

Jump to solution

MasterLiquid 120 All-in-one CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump by Cooler Master-Newegg.com

It's $69.99 which is right around what you wanted to spend.  But, it is a good cooler and works well with the 1700x that I have.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Oh and I would like the cooler to support am4 out of the box without having to order a compatibility kit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

MasterLiquid 120 All-in-one CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump by Cooler Master-Newegg.com

It's $69.99 which is right around what you wanted to spend.  But, it is a good cooler and works well with the 1700x that I have.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I appreciate the reply but I have 3 concerns with that solution. First is that is a liquid/aio cooler, second that cooler has about the performance of a hyper 212 evo (which is not to say it does not work only that it has a comparable air solution), and third is the length of the hoses seems to be about 5 inches or so and that make me have to replace my rear case exhaust.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

The Tubes are about 12inches long (just measured them) and fairly flexible which makes it easy to mount, and yes it's an all in one liquid cooler.  Plus it mounts directly to the standard AMD mounting bracket latches.

The Reviews I've seen of it have it up there with the CryoRig A40, performing better than the Noctua NH-D15.  Depending on the board you get, if you haven't got one already, most of the X370 boards actually come with a separate header for the pump and fans.  And for tested real world performance.  In my case I was idling at 29-30c and not going much above 39-41c under gaming, running stress tests, and benchmarks, etc.  I actually got lazy and had mine mounted in the rear exhaust spot as well.

Only suggested it due to good price, stock push pull setup, and ability to mount am4 without having to order extra hardware.  As far as all the air coolers I've looked at with dual fan push pull setups, they all cost more, or I can't find reviews on them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I suppose I'll give it a look over in the morning. I've been leary of aoi since the pump on my old corsair burned  out without a sign.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution
  • Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 CPU Køler is a good cooler

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

you are very limited with 2 fans ... 1 good fan with an proper heatsink will do the same job

fits your budget & needs:

http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_1&lv0=49&lv1=103&no=346

... or if you have some more budget:

Alphacool Eisbaer 240 CPU - Black | Eisbaer | Sets & Systeme | Shop | Alphacool

greetz

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I decided to change my build to a case that can support a aio and go with the Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

That works also.  I've personally had decent luck with CoolerMaster AIO's.  Had a CoolerMaster Seidon 240M that lasted me through a 1090T/890fx build and then a FX 8350/990fx build, so about 5 or so years.  I'd probably still be using it, but CM isn't making an AM4 bracket kit for it. 

0 Kudos