cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

reylegh
Adept I

Re: 1600X overheating in ONE game? Stock on water.

85 is the temp I register after 20-30 minutes of playing, If I played longer, the PC shut down and did not turn on untill the CPU cooled down.
I corrected a bit of the circulation and adjusted the fan work, so it should be better, but after 20 minutes yesterday the CPU was at 82 degrees already, where all fans blow at 100% since 71 degrees, so I did not want to risk any more heating and turned the game off.

0 Kudos
randa71
Adept III

ok. But i think that 85° or 82° for that game, or fans at 100%, it's too much...tonight i will give a try to see if these temps are a specific problem with your rig or it's a common problem. I have a 1700X. Usually with adeguate and correct cooling and CPU at default, no program should shutdown CPU. In my opinion, It's not normal. Tonight i will see if with my CPU its the same.

0 Kudos
reylegh
Adept I

Thanks.

The thing why I doubt it is only my rig is that this is the ONLY game that shows this problem... stress testing the CPU bring it barely over 70 And I game a lot of other games. None getting over that threshold of 71degrees.

So please update the result of your test later if you could
I play at max settings with mostly everything turned on like physics and stuff.

0 Kudos
randa71
Adept III

Sure i will post my results. resolution? 1080P? i will install the game and starting new game for 30 minutes. then i will post my results.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

jump in redux forums see if there is many people crying about temps in there. if its a problem im sure its all over the threads. if there isnt try this.. grab aida64 for free quick and go in tools and click L3 cache and stress test it... see if it fails if it does . stress  your ram for a good while. actually L3 and ram both same time would show sooner. its a long shot but possibility. lets find out.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry, i was responding to the OP.

Ryzen Master Tool will show the correct temp for all CPUs.

0 Kudos
reylegh
Adept I

actually 1440p but I guess 1080p is more taxing on CPU than 1440p, so it should be a good test.

0 Kudos
reylegh
Adept I

Aida already timed out, I used it to stress test when I overclocked. Now I am using CPU-Z and at 100% load, the temp does not cross 71 degrees. I could check the rams, but they are at safe 1.35V (2x8 ripjawsV).

0 Kudos
reylegh
Adept I

Like the title says I am on stock now, the first time I registered that shut down I went back to troubleshoot it and backed from OC to stock. The OC is not at fault here for sure. I had stable 4GHz on 1.4V.  But the problem remained stock or OC, temp same on this. Now I changed from auto voltage to 1.3 and 3.8GHz to keep it bellow safe voltage, as auto might just put it to 1.4 without asking. and I turned off the XFR - still 20 minutes in that game and the heat reached 82 degrees - turned game off, no need to risk a shut down here, it's clear that it still heats like a damn volcano in that one title

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

ok , well i was just asking for L3 and ram since 2933mhz and 4000mhz is the most taxing frequencies on the L3 cache which could run temps up . running the cpu and L1  L2 and L3  wouldnt show the results i was looking for..  either way .. good luck..

0 Kudos