cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

DaimonWolf
Journeyman III

Valve Index Black Screen Bug

I Have a 6900XT with a 2 screen setup and a Valve index. I have tried to Update my drivers beyond 22.5.1 but every time i try the newest updates when i turn on my pc and log in My main screen works like normal but my secondary screen turns on as if it was getting a signal, but no image will display. If i put on the headset and use the virtual monitors i can see that the card is processing the second display but is not pushing the image to the display itself. I can fix the issue by unplugging the Headset and replug it and everything returns to work normally but once the pc restarts it resets and i have to unplug it again.

Any Driver (including 24.1.1) beyond 22.5.1 has this bug and it's been an annoyance because 22.5.1 has its own set of small bugs but can't update because a major one happens on any newer ones. I've Read in other forums that if you only have a single display it effects the one display as well leaving you with no displays until you unplug and replug the headset.

This also mean that anyone on a 7000 series card cannot use a Valve index without this inconvenience as 22.5.1 is not supported on any of them.

1 Reply
turecross321
Journeyman III

I am experiencing similar issues to this on the latest driver. I also have a 2 monitor setup with an RX 6900 XT and Valve Index.

0 Likes