cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

swimmer
Journeyman III

Radeon Pro WX2100 (driver?) causing system freeze or auto-restart

I bought a Dell Precision 3450 workstation with the Radeon Pro WX2100 graphics card last August.  End of Dec/beginning of Jan the pc started freezing shortly after starting or, doing an auto-restart shortly after start.   After a couple or many restarts the pc eventually will function as normal.  Once it's been working fine for 5-10 minutes it never freezes.  I believe all this started to happen after a system update but I am not certain.  I tried all manner of things to cure the problem including windows reinstall and system reinstall.   The only thing that prevents this freezing is to disable the device.  If I enable the device after starting that sometimes causes a freeze as well.  

I have tried to update the drive but windows says I am running the correct driver and won't update.  I have disabled the auto-update driver setting in windows (10).  

Anybody have a suggestion as to what might be causing this?  If it does need a different driver installed, how can I force an install when windows won't let me?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
cmumasonry
Journeyman III

This is an ISSUE with this particular system (DELL) that card and the Drivers that DELL has decided to use with the system.

As long as the ON-BOARD INTEL VIDEO is enabled the card will FREEZE/CRASH ... We have reimaged, installed physical new card replaced all cables... still same result.

We are trying a totally different video card that we purchased.

Good Luck, hopefully this gives you insight into our issue (Same as Yours) and how we went about trying to fix the issue.

-CMU

0 Likes

0 Likes
fsadough

1. Have you contacted DELL Support line? Your first point of contact would be DELL.
  2. I have no information at all to start debugging the issue, you didn't even bother to mention the OS and driver used. 
  3. Please provide an AMDZ Report

AMDZ Report
    - Please extract the amdz-v311.zip available from https://we.tl/t-rqFTqFJ2nF
    - Run amdz.exe file as an Administrator
    - Select “Save All“ and “TXT“ as the output format
    - Click on the blue button to save the report
    - The .txt file will be saved in the same folder where you extracted the zipped file
0 Likes