cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Laucian_Nailor
Adept III

A Build for me - for a change!

Very excited to be putting together the first build for myself for over a decade. I've built systems for 5 people over the last few years but have gamed on an 8 year old Mac running in Bootcamp, which is starting to struggle a bit now as you can imagine.

Still waiting on the 7000 series to complete my parts list (hope to pick up a 7900XTX), but at least with Zen4, I can complete the build and get it configured and ready for mid-December release.

IMG_2928 (2).jpg

2 Solutions
Laucian_Nailor
Adept III

So here is the (almost) final result. Just need to get the GPU (hurry up 13th 😉) and finish some personalisation with the RGB and performance options through the bios.IMG_2933.JPG

View solution in original post

Laucian_Nailor
Adept III

Well finally a 'completed' pic after a false start in thinking I'd bagged a card. Took an extra week to get one as I was in a pre-order queue, however the first restock was enough to fulfil my order 😁

IMG_2962.JPG

View solution in original post

14 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

I'm still waiting some components to arrive, and then have to start waiting for benchmarks for Radeon 7000.

Most customers never see CPU's or care what they look like. I wonder if they made it look cool on purpose anyway:

MADZyren_0-1670937488546.png

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Fun!! This is super exciting 🙂

The wait is the most brutal part.. at least for me because I wanna do things immediately hahah. Can't wait to see the finished build!

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

Absolutely brutal 😖😀

I'll be sure to post a 'completed' pic as soon as I can 👍

Laucian_Nailor
Adept III

So here is the (almost) final result. Just need to get the GPU (hurry up 13th 😉) and finish some personalisation with the RGB and performance options through the bios.IMG_2933.JPG

NICE!!

I LOVE the aesthetic and the colors. Also, that case is super clean! Can't wait to see the finished product with the GPU. I bet you can't wait to get it finished 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

If you get it done before the 15th, make sure you get it submitted for Rig of the month, it's the last one!

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

I'll certainly be bashing the F5 button on Tuesday to do my best to get a card 😀

I think we need to start a thread on the 13th, and give each other a heads-up when, and where they become available.

trickson
Adept II

Sweet setup! LOVE IT! 

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Very nice.  How about a list of the components you used?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Sorry for the delayed response:

ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus
Ryzen 9 7950X
Be Quiet Bure Base 500 FX Case
Be Quiet Straight Power 850W Gold
Powercolor 7900XTX
32GB Corsiar Vengence RGB
Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 AIO
2TB Crucial P5 Plus NVME
500MB Crucial P3 NVME

Laucian_Nailor
Adept III

Well finally a 'completed' pic after a false start in thinking I'd bagged a card. Took an extra week to get one as I was in a pre-order queue, however the first restock was enough to fulfil my order 😁

IMG_2962.JPG