Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

AMD Radeon RX 7000 Series: Official Resource Discussion

7900_banner.png

Hello Red Team!

If you have just purchased or are about to purchase an AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX or AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT graphics card and have questions about the product, technologies, how to install it, or have a Driver & Software related question, feel free to reply to this Discussion. @Amber_AMD , @Wally_AMD , and I will do our best to help you!

Important note, before posting your question, please be sure to include the following information:

Your system’s specs:

1. CPU
  2. Current /old GPU
  3. Operating System version (i.e. Windows 10 or Windows 11)
  4. DirectX version
  5. Motherboard make and model and BIOS version
  6. RAM
  7. Power Supply Unit (PSU)
  8. SSD or HDD

In addition to the above, a short description of the issue you are having along with any relevant screenshot(s).

Friendly reminder. As some of you may know, Amber, Wally and I are not Support Engineers but we know a thing or two about building PC. Gosh, I’ve been building PC since the 90s! 😊 That said, we have access to some of the folks in our Hardware and Software teams, so if needed, we will reach out to them to help us help you! Also, I kindly ask you to be patient with us, depending on your question, getting you the answer (and possible solution) may take some time. Speaking of time, we will be monitoring this discussion and will do our best to reply to your question within 72 hours.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
62 Replies

Oh I wish I could post here... I've been up since very early with nothing to do beside wait in a purchase Cue to find a empty store... guess  a "random place in line" is all I could have hoped for, guess I should have had 50 browser pages open to have a better chance like some people I'm sure or bots...FUAMD.jpg

Thank you for your post @Haastylecat13 and for your interest in our newest graphics cards. We plan on re-stocking inventory on a regular basis, so please check AMD.com frequently.

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Yeah, sadly bots and scalpers will be doing that. I have a life and cant be on your site 24/7 hoping for a new GPU. Sorry. I'll find another solution.

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Good morning @Haastylecat13 Dealing with bots and scalpers can be frustrating. Perhaps checking our site in the early morning could help. If you do find another solution, please share it here with everyone, I'm sure they'll appreciate it. Meanwhile, I'll do my best to provide you, and everyone else, with more updates. Thank you for your patience.   

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Hello I have a new build I swapped out with my old build

1. 7600X CPU

2. New Sapphire 7900XTX(Reference) / Old EVGA GTX 1070

3. Windows 10 Pro Latest Version

4. DirectX 10.00.19041.2075 64Bit

5. Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite Ax Bios F3b

6. G. Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR5 6000

7. Corsair RM850W

8. Boot SSD Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB  / NvME Samsung 970 EVO+ 2TB / 2TB WD Black

So I had just did a clean windows install and then proceeded to swap out all my parts, from intel/nvdia to all amd. After getting everything installed and drivers updated, went to play some games and test my new system. After maxing out CoD and maxing frames to 144 2 mins after getting into a match my game crashed(Happened multiple times). Fiddled with game settings and got it to stop crashing by lowering frames down to 60 and playing in high/ultra. Thought it was a CoD issue. Tried playing Hitman 2 as a benchmark and maxed out settings. That crashed as well. I followed a step to factory reset my driver/card and hard reset my computer. I was now able to play Hitman 2 maxed out without crashing and CoD maxed out but still with some frame limits. If I try to stream at all on Discord game/driver/software crashes immediately. It seems like once my GPU reaches a certain point in Load my software/driver for AMD Crashes. Picture Included at the bottom with CoD Error and AMD Bug Report.

AMD ERROR.png

Hello, @Beelzebub_Brawler 

Thank you for providing your specs, the description of the issue you're having, and the image. 

Have you tried to disable EXPO? You will need to go into your BIOS. Now, depending on your motherboard, the BIOS version, you may find it right away under "Advanced". If not, look for EOCP (Extended Overclock Profile), which is made by Gigabyte. 

Please try this and let us know how it goes. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes

Hi sorry for the late response, I have work over the weekend so I won’t be able to get good results until Tuesday/Wednesday but I do have a status update. I did some more digging after posting this and looked at my device manager. The display GPU driver was fine but the display CPU driver had an error saying it was disabled by windows(I do have my cables plugged into my GPU). I uninstalled both drivers through device manager(I assume the drivers were  reinstalled automatically by windows idk) and everything worked great, the only issue I had afterwards was the AMD app wouldn’t open so that was the only thing I couldn’t replicate from the previous crashes. When I get more time I’ll keep testing and see if it decides to crash again and follow through with the Expo/XMP disable.

0 Likes

So I was able to squeeze in some time today and my game crashed again. I disabled the XMP/EXPO and followed the same exact steps I took previously and the game still crashed. This time almost immediately.

0 Likes

Hi @Beelzebub_Brawler 

Let's assume that your system is "stable" now. Meaning, that you have re-enabled XMP/EXPO in the BIOS and that you have the right CPU driver installed. 

Let's focus on your GPU Driver: 

1) Use our un-installer called AMD Cleanup Utility

2) Reboot your PC

3) Download this driver: AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.12.1 for Radeon RX 7900 Series

4) Click on the ".exe" file you just downloaded, which will launch the installer and start extracting the files onto your C Drive (leave this, the destination, as is - default). 

5) Click on the "Accept and Custom Install" button (not Express).

6) Click on the "Install - Radeon Software Adrenalin" button, and uncheck all the boxes except "AMD Display Driver". As you can tell, we're installing the graphics driver only.  

When done, reboot your gaming rig, and see how it goes. 

If it didn't help, please submit a bug report by using the AMD Bug Report Tool

Note, don't go through another round of re-installing drivers, or even re-installing your OS. If anything, play another game (not CoD and Hitman) and stream via Discord and reply to this thread to let us know how it went. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Hello, so before I reinstalled the driver only I had flashed my bios back to the default version and everything ran a lot better but I was still getting crashes with the driver specifically for Fortnite with raytracing. I then followed through with the steps to install the driver only and everything works really well so far. I’ve tried MW2,Hitman 2, Total War Warhammer 3 battle benchmark, Overwatch 2 and Fortnite with and without Raytracing. The only hiccup I have is Fortnite with raytracing while streaming on discord it will crash but I don’t get the amd driver error anymore only the Fortnite crash report. Hopefully it will continue to work. I’ll keep stress testing other games to see what happens but I’m glad I can at least play games now. 🙂 Thank you very much for your help and I’ll post any updates I have if the driver error pops up again.

Awesome! I'm happy you're able to game! (I just purchased MW2 this past Saturday and planning to dive in over the holiday break). 

About Fortnite, can you share the crash report? If okay with you, I'd like to send it to my colleagues in the Software Department.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lbHGucZg8XwBe7jtBPh8s0zWXOrfg8nA 

Also I installed GPU-Z and MSI Afterburner to monitor the GPU and at default settings on MSI afterburner it says the Core Clock was 3005 but in the GPUZ core clock was 2268 and boost clock was 2499. When I ran fortnite I had MSI's hardware monitor up and the GPU clock went up to 3079 during gameplay. I then changed it to 2800 Core Clock in MSI and the GPU Z showed 2800 Boost clock and 1650 Core Clock. So far fortnite has ran without crashing at the max possible settings with raytracing. I dont know if this was an AMD thing or Sapphire thing or just my GPU but it seems like the PC/GPU thinks it's at 2499 base clock by default but it goes past that to 3005.

0 Likes
Moist
Adept III

Ok first off system specs:

CPU: Intel 12600k

Current GPU: 7900 XTX Reference from AMD / Old GPU/using because of reason stated further down: 6900XT AMD reference model

Operating system: Windows 11 fully updated 

DirectX 12

Motherboard: Intel® B660 LGA 1700 ITX / BIOS 1013

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000 336/36/36/96

Power Supply: InWin 1250W Platinum Fully Modular

SSD: Western Digital 1tb 570sn blue

Received my 7900XTX today and was super excited to swap out my 6900xt after work so I could have things set up before I went to sleep. Unfortunately I have had some major issues since trying to do the swap. I downloaded the file AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.12.1 for Radeon RX 7900 Series. I then ran DDU in safe mode twice to clear out any drivers from my 6900XT. Installed the 7900 XTX into the system and attempted to install the drivers. During the install the system crashed and the fans of the GPU went full speed and it was just frozen in that state until I powered it off. I restarted and attempted to install the drivers again and got the same issue. Each reboot I looked for Adrenalin on my system but it wasn't there. I then selected the option of drivers only and it actually installed the drivers and instead of windows basic drivers I actually had both monitors going for a minute or two until the system crashed with the fans back at full speed again. On my next reboot both monitors were still working but still no adrenalin so I decided to try and install it/repair install. It installed but my system crashed the same way again and on this reboot adrenalin was gone again. I have now installed my 6900xt with latest adrenaline and I am having now issues. Going to need sleep soon but would very much love some advice so that after work tomorrow I can hopefully resolve this. Thanks to anyone who may have some helpful feedback for things I might try.

Thought I'd try a few more things before I left for work today. Did the process again DDU/Swap card/Install Adrenaline. I was thinking possibly my second monitor may have been causing issues on install and corrupting things so this time decided to try it out with only my 1440p monitor connected. Sadly even though it fully installed and rebooted after I opened adrenaline and checked things I went to open my browser and yep crashed. Upon the hard reboot I got the message that windows may have overwrote my drivers but I have windows driver install disabled as well as auto update disabled.

0 Likes
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hello, @Moist 

Thank you for providing your specs and a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing. 

Okay, let's try a different yet simpler approach...

Your current setup is okay, meaning, keep the 6900XT in your PC for now, then:

1) This may be redundant, but just make sure the power cords are firmly inserted in the GPU/PSU, and that the GPU is properly installed in the PCIe slot of your MB. 

2) Turn on your PC, and wait till it idles, then run dxdiag to ensure the OS has recognized the 6900XT. It should be listed there. (To run dxdiag, press Windows + R, type dxdiag in the Run dialog, and press Enter). 

3) Now, close dxdiag, and use the AMD Cleanup Utility, this tool will remove any AMD drivers from your pc. 

4) Turn off your PC, then swap your 6900XT with the 7900XTX. 

5) Plug/connect one of your monitors (not both of them). 

6) Turn on your PC, and run dxdiag again to ensure the 7900XTX is displayed/recognized by the OS. 

7) If the above worked, meaning, the 7900XTX is displayed, then install AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.12.1 for Radeon RX 7900 Series

😎 Now, please, follow the steps I provided on ‎12-19-2022 at 10:17 AM (here in this thread - just scroll up a little). Specifically, follow steps 3 through 6.

Your system should boot successfully from here on. If it does, then play one of your latest/favorite games and use the game's "Settings" to max out the graphics card settings. (It's a simple way to test the GPU driver installation).  If this works, meaning, your PC doesn't crash, quit the game, turn off your PC, and connect your second monitor to the GPU. The OS and the driver "should" detect the second monitor during the boot-up sequence. Use the Windows 11 Display Settings (right-click on your desktop) to adjust your two monitors as you see fit, you shouldn't have to reboot. Now, launch the game you used earlier to test the driver/settings again to ensure both monitors are working. 

Try these steps and let me know how it went...

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes

Ok so followed all steps. Currently on the 7900xtx but it's running on the windows default as it's stable enough that I can post here. So I double checked seating and power I have 2 pcie 8 pins running to the 7900xtx as I did with the 6900xt but made sure they were securely connected. Adrenaline and drivers installed and I attempted to run a game with settings cranked. It was Red Dead 2 but really even the browser and a youtube video would probably cause the issues I've been having. It seems like the second the card is even slightly stressed it goes into hard crash mode and on reboot I lose adrenaline. 

0 Likes

Just another quick follow up. So after delving further into testing the issues with the 7900xtx seem to happen after it reaches just over 100W power draw in the Adrenalin overlay. I had it up and opened a few youtube video tabs and it repeatedly shut down between 100w-108w power draw. I can confirm this has nothing to do with my Power Supply or cable connections as I have since installed my 6900XT and stressed it in the same game and and other power draw benches and GPU draw in game was easily over 250-300W and in total stress tests could get the system up to 800-900w. Starting to think the card itself is faulty. I may end up seeing if a friend can test on his system today but would hate to inconvenience him.

0 Likes

Had my friend test it and the 7900xtx ran smooth and as intended on his system easily drawing 275 watts or so under load. This leads me to believe that it's definitely a software issue as all hardware has been essentially ruled out. Will have to try a full clean install of windows when I get home or on the weekend when I have time.

0 Likes
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hi @Moist 

Thank you for the updates. I'll be sure to share them with my colleagues in the Software Team. Let me know how the clean installation of windows goes.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes
paez17
Adept II

Your system’s specs:

1. CPU - 5900x
  2. GPU - XFX Merc 7900 XTX
  3. Windows 10 
  4. Msi b450 tomahawk 
  5. Crucial 32 gb
  6. Fsp aurum 1200

first problem is terrible vr performance. i cant use my reverb g2 with 7900xtx, cause it gives worse performance than 6800xt. it's constantly stuttering. i guess it's problem related to steam vr.  cause when i track the gpu usage through fps vr, steam vr is using nearly 24gb vram which is nonsense. i never seen this vram usage exceeds 12gb on 6800xt. i guess there is driver related issue leads to poor performance, and i am not the only one in the boat. in reddit or hardware forums you can see lots of people talking about terrible vr performance of 7000 series.

i purchased 6800xt on the launch day and that time hp reverb g2 wasnt working with 6000 series but you solved problem with a driver update, so i didnt rma the gpu, i am waiting for a fix. hope it wont take long.

edit: second problem is since i started to use 7900xtx, pc keeps freezing when idle, especially when chrome browser is open. i never seen freeze in game or freeze on desktop, it always happened when i am using chrome. it sounds like a ram issue but i never had this problem for years with same hardware. after i changed my gpu this problem occured and it happens nearly every day when i am using browser. 

0 Likes
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hello @paez17 

Thank you for sharing your specs and description of the two issues you're experiencing. 

To be honest with you I don't know much about VR. But I will forward your post to my colleagues in the Software Team in just a moment. 

About your second problem. Just for troubleshooting purposes, have you tried Firefox or MS Edge? Do you have any Apps running tasks in the background? You are right, it could be a memory issue, but looking at your specs, I believe it could more of a software issue. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Hello again, @paez17 

Could you please provide your monitor's make, model number, resolution, and refresh rate?

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

How about something like:

1) People who have visited this message board over some time get an email link to order ahead of scalpers
2) People who have a receipt from buying a new 5000 or 7000 series Ryzen CPU get an email link to order ahead of scalpers
3) Sell only one GPU per user/credit card/phone number/email
4) Use a changing set of PC related questions on website before being able to go through buying process. This would slow down scalpers as they can use helpers who buy for them for a small amount of money and those helpers don't necessarily know anything about computers. 
5) Divide new batches so that you sell certain percentage of available products to different market areas like North and South America, Europe, Asia aso.

These kinds of things are just some of the option AMD and Nvidia have, if they wanted to do something about it.

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!! Here is a few more:

6) One per mailing address/ NO shipment to P.O. Boxes

7) Credit card billing & Shipping address must be the same

8. No pre-paid credit cards. 

--Sadly, none of these will EVER be used. Big corpo LOVES the scalper bots....clears their inventory instantly

When a company makes a "....we are against bots/ scalpers..." statement.   It is 100% BULL POOP!!!

0 Likes
jd63636
Adept II

I did not see this thread and should have posted my question here first.

Is there a new RGB tool for the 7900XTX? I have checked both the AMD driver page and Cooler Master but only see it for the RX 6000 cards. Does the XTX not have this feature?

Ryzen 7 7700X | MSI RTX 4070Ti Suprim X| Gskill Flare X DDR5 6000 | MSI X670E Pro Carbon | Bequiet Pure Loop 2 FX 360mm | Lian Li Lancool III | Corsair HX1500i |4,140mm Lightwings 3 Fans
0 Likes
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hello Everyone! (@Moist @Beelzebub_Brawler @paez17)

We just released a new version of our driver! It's version 22.12.2. 

Here are the Fixed Issues and Known Issues:

Fixed Issues

• Corruption may be encountered when using Virtual Super Resolution with multi-display configurations.
  • A system crash may be observed when changing display modes with 4 display configurations.
  • While loading Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales™ an app crash or driver timeout may occur after enabling ray tracing settings.
  • Improvements to power usage during hardware accelerated video playback. Further power efficiency improvements are planned for future releases.

Known Issues

• High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high resolution and high refresh rate displays.
  • Intermittent app crashes or driver timeout may occur when using Radeon Super Resolution with some extended display configurations.
  • Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configurations.
  • Stuttering may be observed in UNCHARTED™ 4: A Thief’s End during the opening game sequence.
  • While playing Valheim™ an app crash or driver timeout may occur using Vulkan® API. Any users who may be experiencing these issues should select DirectX® API as a temporary workaround.
  • Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower than expected performance.

Please try this version at your earliest convenience, I'm hoping it will help some of you! 

To download the driver, go here. Or you may go to the AMD Drivers and Support page, and select your product from the list.

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Haven't had time to try my fresh Windows install yet but I did try the new drivers last night but had the same issues as previous. Will try a fresh install after work Thursday.

0 Likes

Okay so bit of an update after another full night of trouble shooting and a windows reinstall. I now have the card stable on my system but with a catch. As I had mentioned I use 2 monitors my main monitor being an Alienware 2721DW it's a 27' 240hz 2560x1440p monitor and an LG CX OLED 120hz 4k tv as a second monitor. In my previous trouble shooting I had tried one monitor. The one I used was my Alienware 240hz monitor. Apparently the 7900XTX isn't compatible with that monitor and is not compatible when used with my 4k screen. Connecting the Alienware alone or with my 4k will cause the hard crash and for adrenalin to need to be reinstalled. Wondering what I should do from here as I'm disappointed to say the least that the hardware I paid almost 1500 Canadian for doesn't work with my main monitor.

0 Likes

CPU: 7700x | GPU 7900 XTX / old is 2070 super | RAM: 2x16gb GSkill Flare x5 F5-6000J3238F16GX2-FX5 | OS: Windows 11 Pro 22H2 / 10 Pro 22H2 | DirectX 12 | MB: Asus B650E-E GAMING WIFI 0821 bios |PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w | NVME: Intel 670p 2tb

Not sure if the issue I'm having is faulty card or drivers but system starts crashing upon starting the driver installation. Monitors blacking out and coming back every few seconds, followed by a bunch of freezes, lockups, and crashes every few seconds. The CPU integrated graphics works fine with these drivers installed as does my old GPU (2070 super).

Getting live kernel events in event viewer as well as "Display driver amdwddmg stopped responding and has successfully recovered." These crashes / lockups / freezes occur roughly every 5-10 seconds, sometimes more often sometimes as little as once a minute. Sometimes get so bad one of my two monitors (both displayport 1.4 cables) turns off as if I was back in safe mode, and all this time do to the crashes I cannot even get into adrenaline due to all this happening. Suffice to say it's unusable in this state.

Have tried newer and older bios versions, doing memory tests on both sticks of memory in different slots, two 8 pins on 1 pcie cable vs separate, new os installs, fresh installs of drivers with both ddu and amd's cleanup tool, loaded bios defaults, sam on/off, expo profile on/off, changing link speed, disabling mpo in registry, disabling hardware acceleration in different apps, etc. Have tried both this new driver version and 22.12.1 and both exhibit same behavior. Haven't been able to get this card working since I got it. Only driver uninstalled or in safe mode is it usable (as well as replaced with integrated / old gpu).

I thought maybe logitech options+ (my mouse software) being removed would fix it as it would fail due to an amd module dll amdxn64.dll according to event viewer, but removing that had no effect on the display driver crashes.

Haven't heard much of a peep back from AMD on both the forum topic I made or the warranty service request (e-mail) to try and get a replacement. Is there anyway this is purely driver related? Not many contact options available for this, cannot return it either due to store policy on opened items.

If this post doesn't belong here, please feel free to remove it.

0 Likes

Did you DDU when you swapped from Nvidia to Radeon?

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers
0 Likes

Of course, but it makes no difference. Nothing I try works. Starts crashing and hanging near the end of driver installation and never stops, monitors turning on and off ever 10-20 seconds. Had similar symptoms in a refurbished 1080ti I once bought straight from a manufacturer. Would crash as soon as drivers were installed as well.

Returned that one and got a refund since apparently on inspection they didn't bother checking the thermal pads/paste on it. This is starting to remind me of that. Maybe not the same but it seems like it could be a GPU hardware fault.

0 Likes

Hello @AngryMustache 

Thank you for sharing the details of your issue along with your system's specifications. You've tried most of the troubleshooting steps/processes I would have taken except installing the latest AMD Driver - 22.12.2 - without Adrenalin (i.e. Custom Installation instead of Express) and with only one monitor connected to the GPU. If you haven't yet, please give this a try. That being said, I'm going to share the information you provided with my colleagues in the Software Team in just a moment and will be sure to reply to this post the moment I hear back from them. Thank you in advance for your patience. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes

Hello @Sam_AMD Thanks for reaching out!

I forgot to mention that yes I have tried both a driver only install in setup as well as just pointing device manager to the extracted setup folder. Both of these results in the same problems. So I'm leaning towards it being the gpu itself, possibly vram or something. One of the two monitors when it loses signal and regains it flashes green momentarily.

I reached out with the warranty request team the same day I received it to try and get a replacement or help with the issue. They asked for the psu model a few days back, as well as dxdiag /msinfo a few days back both of which I sent a few days ago with no response yet.

0 Likes

Thank you for the update! I'll share it with the team in just a moment.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes

Hello again @AngryMustache 

Could you please submit a bug report? (AMD Bug Report Tool)

Plus, can you switch on kernel dumps (click here for instructions)? The "dumps" will be generated in the C:\Windows directory as a MEMORY.dmp file. You can send me this file via PM, and in turn, I'll forward it to our Software Team. Thank you. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes

Sorry @Sam_AMD 

It appears now I can't even go through driver installation without the system locking up. Seems like my symptoms get worse the more I stress the video card, which in my case is just the driver itself being installed.  Now both monitors go black and it's like a hard system freeze. I lose one monitor directly during installation and even some of the windows seem to lose their minimize/maximize buttons and border turns white as if the application has crashed. Windows doesn't generate any dump files since it doesn't seem to trigger the dump and freezes the actual amd report dialog so even If I can get it partially filled out after these lockups it actually seems to force close the amd report tool, so I am never able to finish filling it out. No installation method or clean installs resolve it, so I think my gpu itself is degenerating. Even adrenaline is no longer showing the gpu in it and only in device manager. IGPU itself still shows in adrenaline.

Sorry I couldn't help further.

0 Likes

Just curious what monitors you're using? I recently found that as long as my Alienware 2721D 1440p 240hz is just completely incompatible with the 7900XTX and has been the cause of all my issues. Using my TV LG CX Oled 120hz the card was stable drivers able to install and no issues.

0 Likes

LG 27GL850 and LG 27GN850 (GN is just usb-less version of GL model)

0 Likes

Through my Windows 11 fresh install I confirmed that it was indeed an issue of my Alienware 2721D and my card works as intended with my lg 4k oled. If you have access to a basic display like a tv with hdmi or some non 1440p monitor maybe try using that when installing/repairing the drivers and see if it's stable with the other display. Unless this is a step you've already taken.

Good morning, @AngryMustache (I hope you had a great Christmas).

Could you please try the following:

1. Completely turn off your system, by switching the PSU off for about 30 seconds (make sure that your motherboard lights/LEDs go out). Then, reboot your PC with only one monitor connected. 

2. Assuming the PC reboots, successfully (that windows loads smoothly), please check the event viewer (Microsoft Key + X) to see if you have any critical events in the system and application log.

3. Send me (via PM) the log. 

Having this information will help me (and the guys in the Software Team) get a better idea for what is going on. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes