hitbm47
Forerunner

VSR Virtual Super Resolution bug

Dear readers

- Latest Windows 10 64bit

- 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz RAM

- FX 8350 @4Ghz (4.2Ghz boost)

- Compatible motherboard

- RX 480 8GB Radeon Card (Latest Recommended Driver 20.11.2)

- GTX 1060 3GB Nvidia Card

My virtual super resolution doesn't work properly in OpenGL Games such as Wolfenstein The New Order, and Worms Ultimate Mayhem. For example, if I set the resolution to 3840x2160 I only see the left upper quarter of the image or frames of the game. In addition, my VSR only gives an option for the highest refresh rate of my monitor (75hz), this is problematic in games in which I do not wish to use FreeSync, which also has cutscenes or loading screens which displays at 30fps.

Furthermore, this official amd url https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/vsr doesn't state that only certain graphics APIs are supported. Sequentially, I have also noticed that the Radeon on screen performance stats crashes when 4k VSR 3840x2160 is in use and pressing Ctrl + Shift + O.

I really hope this can be fixed.

Kind regards

Jacques

0 Likes
1 Reply
hitbm47
Forerunner

I am experiencing a problem with Virtual Super Resolution in that it only gives the highest refresh rates for VSR resolutions, causing some games not being able to pick a VSR resolution, because the said game only lists 60Hz resolutions. One good example is Doom 3 BFG, I have to play it with DSR on nvidia to be able to use 4k, can't use 4k with AMD VSR since it only make 75Hz 3840x2160 and Doom needs 60Hz 3840x2160.

Kind regards

0 Likes