cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

hitbm47
Miniboss

Re: Unreal Tournament 3 RX 480 still performs horribly. Can it be fixed by through the driver?

Hi @xhuang 

I hope you are well, I would just like to ask if you were able to forward it to the correlating driver team?

Kind regards

0 Likes
hitbm47
Miniboss

Re: Unreal Tournament 3 RX 480 still performs horribly. Can it be fixed by through the driver?

Hi @xhuang @dorisyan @dipak 

I have tested the Unreal Engine 3 on 21.6.2 and the performance is still just as horrible, if not worse.

Can we please make this a priority, since this is something all Radeon users since 17.7.2 has suffered for the last Four years and naturally a driver that has to be released for all Radeon users since then.

Who knows what other optimizations was erroneously removed related with the removal of Radeon Additional Settings in 17.7.2!

Is there any news on the investigation of the issue @xhuang ?

Kind regards

0 Likes
xhuang
Staff
Staff

This issue has already been forwarded to our internal driver team. Myself is not focusing on DX driver, and I will share the progress if I have any update.

hitbm47
Miniboss

Hi @xhuang 

Thank you very much for your help and efforts in doing so, I really appreciate it and I understand you use to be/are doing good things at the OpenGL team.

My concern is really just for this to get ignored again, and I will appreciate it if you update me as you have confirmed you will do twice now.

I / we will really appreciate if some of you can just check up on them every now and then, I know & understand you are busy with other things. But, this is not something to be taken up lightly since it affects half of the user base for Four years and above that whom suddenly got dropped in the dumpster with the news of 21.6.1 dropping their loyal supporters.

Kind regards

0 Likes
hitbm47
Miniboss

Hi @dipak 

I know you have notified me that you are still awaiting a response from the DirectX team. I would just like to state here that I have tested the latest 21.7.1 driver and the issue is still persistent.

Kind regards

0 Likes
hitbm47
Miniboss

Hi @xhuang  @dipak  @dorisyan 

Since videos do not work here on AMD communities anymore, I have gone through the efforts of uploading videos to youtube of the AMD Unreal Engine 3 issue, please note even though I used a Ryzen 5 1600 in this video the performance drop is still major (Remember with a FX 8350 this bad driver issue of the second video translates to 29-40FPS in those affected areas):

Here is the awesome performance of 17.7.1 or earlier:

https://youtu.be/Pt0K8_SDevs

Here is the bad performance on 21.7.1 after Unreal Engine 3 DirectX9 optimizations have been lost in 17.7.2:

(please take note of the areas I am momentarily stationary since they are also in the screenshots on this post)

https://youtu.be/Q7vWCyE6WHk

deepforest
Adept III

Same here. My two cents.

Unreal Tournament 3 | DX9 Performance | 20.12.1 driver | Win10 | rx580

hitbm47
Miniboss

Hi @deepforest 

Thanks a lot for also going through the efforts of providing a video with the performance issue, this just solidly proves it then that there has been a huge decrease immediately after 17.7.1.

The colours of your game looks really nice though.

Kind regards

deepforest
Adept III

hitbm47
Miniboss

Hi @deepforest 

I know about DXVK, but the problem is DXVK does not fix all the UE3 games that are affected by this, since some of them do not render properly when using DXVK libraries.

Furthermore, DXVK does not bring the performance nearly to the level it used to be on recommended CPUs with 17.7.1 and earlier for Unreal Tournament 3.

Edit: thank you for providing that links, I might have a look at them later.

Kind regards