cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

Regression: OpenGL game profiles do not work correctly

It seems that there is an issue with game profiles not working correctly on OpenGL.

I've only tested Wait for Vertical Refresh, Enhanced Sync and Anti-Aliasing to not work correctly when changing the settings in OpenGL applications so the others might be potentially broken as well.

Changing the settings globally seems to work.

Steps to reproduce: launch any opengl application and change the settings in the game profile (ex: force enable vsync in the profile).

Note I did not fully test other apis so I don't know if it's an issue on those as well.

Last driver version to work properly: 22.10.2

Specs:  I7 4770, RX 570, Win 10 64bit 22H2

0 Likes
1 Solution

Can no longer reproduce the issue on 23.4.1, don't know which version fixed it since I skipped some.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @lightningterror ,

Thanks for reporting it. I will forward the issue to the OpenGL team.

Thanks.

0 Likes
dipak
Big Boss

As I have been informed, a bug ticket has been created to track this issue.

Thanks.

0 Likes
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @lightningterror ,

The OpenGL team tried multiple games but they were unable to reproduce the issue. Here is their feedback:

"We tried on Doom 2016. First, we disabled V-sync in In-game options. And then we force-enabled V-sync from the Global profile(Always-on)  - V-sync was applied as Global

Again we disabled V-sync in In-game options. And then we force-enabled V-sync from the Game profile  - V-sync was applied as Game Profile 

In both scenarios, the issue got passed."

Other games they tried are old blood rage and serious sam.

Please check the issue with new Adrenalin driver 23.2.1 available now. If the issue still persists, it would be helpful if you please provide a video that demonstrates the steps to reproduce this issue like the game which you tested, settings, exact steps to follow etc.

Thanks.

0 Likes

@dipak Checked 23.2.1 and the issue persists. The games I tested are mostly older games like Half Life 1, Star Trek Voyager Elite Force and some others.

I reproduced the issue on an opengl sample application which can be downloaded below

https://web.media.mit.edu/~gordonw/OpenGL/simpleGLUT.zip

The steps are simple:

1. Create a profile for the application.

2. Toggle Vsync or Anti aliasing within the game profile to see if it works or not.

I have two videos demonstrating the issue:

Driver 22.10.2 shows the game game profile toggles working correctly for vsync and anti aliasing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jB9vlYkBV4TQ1hdA5vzc-OpfL4qPqE5I/view?usp=share_link

Driver 23.2.1 shows the game profiles not working correctly, changing vsync or aa does nothing within the game profile, it only works if changed globally.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FymAsVnujKc9VQ27eoEbuytOYRjVczPS/view?usp=share_link

Both driver versions were removed with DDU before installation.

0 Likes

Thanks for providing the sample app and the videos. I have shared the information with the OpenGL team.

Thanks.

0 Likes

As I have been informed, the OpenGL team tried to reproduce the issue with the application you provided, however they didn't observe the issue with the latest internal builds.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Can no longer reproduce the issue on 23.4.1, don't know which version fixed it since I skipped some.

0 Likes