cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

Potential driver bug: nonuniformEXT() not taking effect on textureSize() in GLSL/Vulkan

Hey there,

I believe I have found a defect in the RadeonVII Adrenaline driver. I made a post here because I was unaware of the right subforum to post: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/potential-driver-issue-evaluations-wrongly-cached-at-w...

Long story short: nonuniformEXT() does not take effect on textureSize() calls and the size fetched is from the first texture assigned to the lane.

Would highly appreciate an examination of this.

With much thanks,
Baktash.

15 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi Baktash,

I have whitelisted you and moved this post to the OpenGL & Vulkan forum. 

Thanks.

0 Likes

Appreciated dipak!

Sincerely,

Baktash.

0 Likes

Hey toomuchvoltage,

I've raised this issue to the vulkan team and created a ticket. I'll post back with their findings once we've taken a look.

Thanks,

Owen

0 Likes

Hi Owen,

Appreciated. Eagerly awaiting the team's response.

Kind Regards,
Baktash.

0 Likes

Hi @Owen_Zhang,

Hope all is well. Just checking in to see if there's feedback from the driver team.

Much appreciated,
Baktash.

0 Likes

Hi @Owen_Zhang ,

I just wanted to circle back and see if there's any progress on this. I just updated my driver to 22.7.1 and the issue is still there. Any communication back from the driver team? I would appreciate any updates.

Kind regards,
Baktash.

0 Likes

Hey Baktash,

Ticket has been assigned. Please stay tuned for later driver release. We're checking different compilation methods.

Thanks,

Owen

0 Likes

Appreciated Owen,

Cordially,
Baktash.

0 Likes

Hey Baktash,

We've completed this issue, please look for the fix in the next release.

Thanks for reporting this to us,

Owen

0 Likes

Dear Owen,

Deeply appreciate the follow-up... though it's been rather a while. I'm guessing you're referring to a release after 22.10.3? I updated to this version just now and the issue is still there, hence why I'm assuming that there will be an upcoming release after this with the fix.

Would appreciate your clarification.

If you require a test shader to compile this is still available: http://toomuchvoltage.com/gatherresolvesimple.frag
(check around `bool isTerrain` flag)

Much appreciated,
Baktash.

0 Likes

Hey Baktash,

Sorry for the confusion, I meant the fix is in our pipelines and should be in the upcoming release.

Thanks,

Owen

0 Likes

Sounds fantastic Owen!

Highly looking forward.

Much appreciated,
Baktash.

0 Likes

Hi Owen,

I just tried 22.11.1 and sadly the issue is still there. Any particular version I should be on the lookout for? This is unfortunately starting to be rather disappointing and disheartening. I can't seem to really get any closure on this.

Appreciate your attention.

-Baktash.

0 Likes

Hey Baktash,

Unfortunately the fix hasn't been included in that release, currently it's still unreleased. Be on the lookout for the next major release. I'll also update this thread once it's in.

Thanks,

Owen

Hi Owen,

I don't know when this got fixed, but I just tried on 23.11.1 and it is finally fixed. While the time it took was awkwardly long, I'm still appreciative that it got resolved.

Thank you,
Baktash.

0 Likes