cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

thunderamur
Journeyman III

Linux. CCC. Scale Settings is absent.

I installed last stable Catalyst 14.4 from official site amd.com.

I use HDMI. By default, with HDMI connections the screen is compressed. To fix problem should go to CCC - DTV(1) - Adjustment - Scale Settings and set scrollbar on 0%. That need to be done the same on Linux and Windows versions Catalyst with HDMI connections. Generally I sure that compressed screen with HDMI connections by default is not right and not friendly to user.

But in Linux Catalyst that options (CCC - DTV(1) - Adjustment - Scale Settings and set scrollbar on 0%) is absent.

In Catalyst from official repository this ability is on place. To set normal size of screen I was forced to remove fglrx-amdcccle from site (14.4) and install one from official repositories Ubuntu 14.04. Now I have fglrx from site (14.4) + fglrx-amdcccle from official repositories.

See screenshot in attachment.

0 Likes
2 Replies
bringbackscaling
Journeyman III

What a joke! Why would they even consider removing an option that many people rely on to have their displays working correctly. I wait with baited breathe for a new release of their linux drivers which generally have terrible performance and support and make my life more difficult every day. Then when they do start paying attention to the driver I hope for even a tiny improvement in performance, but no they remove a crucial setting that means I cannot even use my display properly. Well done AMD. Thank you my choice of brand for my next graphics card easier.

Here is a fix to the problem.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AMD_Catalyst#Not_using_fullscreen_resolution_at_1920x1080_.28un...

This did not work right away for me I had to go through the entire /etc/ati/amdpcsdb file and edit every entry with xxxxUnderscanxxx=V1 changing to V0.

log out and log back in and it's fixed.

0 Likes

This question is placed in 'AMD Manageability Community' group. Please move to relevant community for faster response.

-Thanks
Divy
0 Likes