cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

4 Replies
bobwhitecotton
Adept III

The link for TruForm is working but the links to both downloads are broken.  I cannot find the files in our Media Library to repair the links, so we'll have to see if someone in AMD still has the source files to fix the links.  Unfortunately these are 10+ years old so we may not be able to find them.  If we can repair the links, we' respond to this thread.

Bob

0 Likes
bobwhitecotton
Adept III

We could not find the files so we are forced to take the entire page down so that we don't get any more complaints.  When we find someone who can provide the files, we'll restore the page.

Bob

0 Likes

If possible put more effort in finding these files,

They help with reference implementations for subdivision surfaces.

Subdivision surfaces are under utilized in computer games and their widespread usage can add to lower power consumption on the devices, both consoles and mobile devices with GCN AMD architecture.

Tootle is another useful tool. Polycounts tend to increase 3-5 times with the xbox one and ps4 gpu. So it is useful also. Unfortunately it does not have source code, just binaries

0 Likes

I'm not sure that TruForm is really a relevant technology for today. We can keep looking, but even if we find them, I'm not sure how applicable they'd be. If you're interested in efficient subdivision surface implementations for modern GPU architectures, you might want to check out OpenSubDiv, which is an open project being run by some really sharp guys at Pixar. OpenSubdiv

Graham

0 Likes