cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

inolen
Adept I

Artifacts in redream emulator (regression in Windows GL driver)

11 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @inolen ,

Thank you for reporting it. I have whitelisted you and moved this post to the OpenGL forum.

To investigate the issue, it would be helpful if you can provide a minimal test-case that reproduces this issue.

P.S.  I have changed the title of this thread/discussion.

Thanks.

inolen
Adept I

Hey Dipak,

I haven't been able to find a Windows user to capture a trace, but I have a feeling it may repro on Windows with the original apitrace from the Mesa tracker -

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/2253

As mentioned in this post , the issue is reproducible with the Adrenalin driver 22.11.2  on RX6600M. Could you please share the detailed steps to reproduce the artifacts using the emulator on Windows? I will report the issue to the OpenGL team to look into this.

Thanks.

Hi Dipak,

That's a bit more complicated than using a trace unfortunately.

You'd need the latest development release from https://redream.io/download and then any game which we can't actually provide.

Extract exe, open app, go to library tab and add folder containing extracted game, go back to games tab and click the game to launch. You should then see artifacts from what I understand.

0 Likes

Thanks for the above information. I have forwarded the issue to the OpenGL team. I will let you know once I get any feedback from them.

Thanks.

0 Likes

As I have been informed, a bug ticket has been created to track this issue. 

Thanks.

0 Likes

Just checking in, has there been any progress on that bug?

Hi @inolen ,

As I can see from the related bug ticket, the issue has been fixed internally and the fix is likely to get promoted to the public driver soon.

Thanks.

Hi, just wanted to check in on this as it's been a number of months and people are still asking about it daily.

0 Likes

Hi @inolen ,

As mentioned here, the fix is expected to be released this month.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Likes

Hi @inolen ,

Could you please try the latest driver (Adrenalin 23.7.1 ) and let us know if the issue has been fixed?

Thanks.

0 Likes