cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

sherchy
Journeyman III

When would AMD release SDK which fully support HSA features?

Hi,

Right now AMD has released the HSA compatible CPU Kaveri, but I don't see any SDK which shows how to use the HSA features, like hQ, hUMA.

What's the estimated release date for HSA compatible SDK?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
matusi143
Adept II

I believe they are looking at next quarter (likely June).  Anandtech has a really good writeup associated with their Kaveri review.  I do wish AMD were more open about development timelines so we could plan our projects better. 

AnandTech Portal | AMD Kaveri Review: A8-7600 and A10-7850K Tested

Base HSA stack: Base HSA execution stack supporting HSAIL and HSA runtime for Kaveri is expected to become available in Q2 2014.

OpenCL: At the time of launch, Kaveri will be shipping with OpenCL 1.2 implementation. My understanding is that the launch drivers are not providing HSA execution stack and the OpenCL functionality is built on top of their legacy graphics stack built on top of AMDIL. In Q2 2014, a preview driver providing OpenCL 1.2 with some unified memory extensions from OpenCL 2.0 built on top of HSA infrastructure should be released. A driver with support for OpenCL 2.0 built on top of HSA infrastructure is expected in Q1 2015.

0 Likes