Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Re: What's wrong with this file?

Hi Gtype,

I may just be in a position to test a fix. I will keep this thread posted if something interesting turns up...

Meanwhile, Thanks a lot for the support and patience. We understand this is a bit frustrating....

Hopefully, a fix is just round the corner...

0 Kudos
gtype
Journeyman III

Hey there, great news!

Thanks for the hard word, and for keeping us in the loop.

Feeling somewhat hopeful now, good luck.

0 Kudos
mj1020
Journeyman III

this is working here without no problem

0 Kudos
npm1
Adept II

can you provide some more information...screenshots and driver version

0 Kudos
underhood
Journeyman III

Hi i know swap is system thing. I just don't use swap on my system as I have 32GIGs of RAM. When Linux finds out it is out of memory then OOM killer kicks in and kills process that is using most of RAM (in this case AMD opencl compiler). As on my system it was using 31 GIGs of RAM so i had to close all other apps so I have enough memory.

Anyway since update to latest stable linux driver from amd website it crashes anyway so basiclly with new driver it is not working at all.

I will investigate more when I am back on my main workstation pc as i travel a lot

0 Kudos
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Underhood,

I understand. I might get a fix for testing soon. I will update this post, once it is done.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
mano-wii
Adept I

Hello,

I believe the problem occurs due to limitations in the current driver from AMD because the Blender Cycles render using Nvidia OpenCL almost as well as CUDA.

Regards

Germano Cavalcante

0 Kudos
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi,

I have just got access to a test-driver. Will be posting an update soon. Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos
nou
Exemplar

AMD really need fix this as developer of LuxRender found similar issue when he implemented recursive procedural materials into LuxRender.

0 Kudos
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Nou,

As far as Nazim's steps to repro, the initial test on the fix-driver has been successful - at least no crash.
I will need some more time before I can fully commit on this.

At the same time, for the 30GB memory gulp issue - I would like to test this with the blend file you had posted.

However, I am unable to download the mikepan blend file.

Can you post it here? It will be useful to test further.

Also, if you could just post the steps to reproduce with the blend file, it will be useful.

Thanks for your time on this,

0 Kudos