Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Re: Using HD7970 as secondary GPU for OpenCL only

darkmen wrote:

Well, not in the past. Its not possible to set core/mem clock for AMD GPU under RDP session currently, because CCC not even starts, and 3rd party tools (those i belive use AMD API) cant get fan/temp data and set freq.

Yeah Also see the same behaviour. I will try with teamviewer, and let you know. I had seen the RDP behavior while attaching DVI cable to the GPU.

BTW,  AMD System Monitor screenshot is the same as in my first post (no GPU usage or MHz data)

This behaviour is also with teamviewer only IMHO. I can see GPU usage when i am running the samples directly. You can report this in "GPU Developer Tools" section.

Message was edited by: Himanshu Gautam

0 Kudos
darkmen
Journeyman III

No, under TV (when AMD is primary GPU) - all fan/usage data are afailable. And (as was mentioned above) RDP uses own graphic driver and AMD GPU becomes secondary (not primary). And thats why it behaves same way I described in my very first post, excepts core clock (it stays unchanged under RDP)

Reminding: all tests were w\o HW display connected

0 Kudos
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi Darkmen,

I guess, you are setting the GPU in overclock mode, by attaching a monitor. Now when you remove the monitor and use RDP to access the system, does the GPU automatically down clock?

0 Kudos
darkmen
Journeyman III

Hi, no. Under RDP - clock stays unchanged (even if was overclocked it stays overclocked) according to clinfo. But any of GPU monitor software (including AMD System Monitor) cant read GPU clock, usage, fan speed.

0 Kudos
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

darkmen,

I guess then, that you are finally able to run your GPU in overclocked mode using RDP.

I tried the teamviewer and AMD System monitor, and could see the spikes in System monitor, while running samples. Although System Monitor did not worked with RDP for me.

Anyway, you have more chances of getting better answers in "GPU Developer Tools" section on this.

0 Kudos
darkmen
Journeyman III

Yes, I am satisfied for now.

But for sure long-term OpenCL application should be able to monitor/control GPU temp and fan.

I will not start the new thread in Tools section (its no so important for me)

Thanks

0 Kudos