Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

nou
Exemplar
Exemplar

Trouble getting OpenCL to recognize 6990

try download SDK 2.3. there was an example FindNumDevice. try run this one.

what is version of openGL which show glxgears for example? is even Xserver running?

0 Kudos
mjhorn
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

glxgears produces the following output:

Using GLX_SGIX_pbuffer

GL_RENDERER   = AMD Radeon HD 6990

GL_VERSION    = 4.1.10750 Compatibility Profile Context

GL_VENDOR     = ATI Technologies Inc.

Xserver is running

0 Kudos
mjhorn
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Well, looks like its now down to some sort of permissioning issue. After one of the latest reinstalls, I am able to get clinfo to detect the cards, but only when run as root.

0 Kudos
nou
Exemplar
Exemplar

if you connect remotely via SSH you must first export DISPLAY=:0 of COMPUTE=:0 and you must have permision to access running Xserver session.

0 Kudos
rollyng
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: mjhorn I've tried the driver install both through ubuntu repositories (apt-get install fglrx) as well as downloading the ati installer and running it as you have described. 

I agree at OpenCL seems installed correctly since it detects the CPU. However, if it were a Catalyst driver issue, wouldn't commands like fglrxinfo, or aticonfig --lsa not see the card correctly? Both do report the card, and I am able to use the card to display video if I actually attach a monitor. 

Thanks to both of you for your help so far.

I suggest to have a look at the installation guide of the fglrx driver on this link, it may resolve all your problem...

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu

0 Kudos