cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

soylentgraham
Adept II

SDK 2.8.1 - Compiler crashes/Undeclared function index 1036 (with -cl-opt-disable)

After upgrading drivers/catalyst control center (which allowed me to debug some kernels) I now get some compiler crashes....

The attached kernel code crashes in kernel analyzer (and crashes in code), but if I add -cl-opt-disable it doesn't, but it won't execute (or "build" in code) due to "Undeclared function index 1036".

I am currently devolving the code down to a simpler form to demonstrate the error.

Error log: (same for all devices)

========== Build: started ==========

OpenCL Compile Error: clBuildProgram failed (CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE).

--------

OpenCL Compile Message - Compiling for device: Barts

Error: Undeclared function index 1036

--------

Any clues as to where this is going wrong? (building blobpair.cl)

Using windows 7, 64bit, and an ATI/amd radeon 5670

Tags (2)
0 Likes
16 Replies
soylentgraham
Adept II

Re: SDK 8.2.1 - Compiler crashes/Undeclared function index 1036 (with -cl-opt-disable)

Solved it...

clRect_GetBottomRight was undefined (but declared). No linker error, but I've realised "Undeclared function XXX" means, "undefined <user/arbritry> function"

Maybe something to do with using includes.

As soon as I defined the function, the crash went away.

0 Likes
soylentgraham
Adept II

Re: SDK 8.2.1 - Compiler crashes/Undeclared function index 1036 (with -cl-opt-disable)

Perhaps I spoke too soon, I'm still getting a crash with NO -cl-opt-disable argument...

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Re: SDK 2.8.1 - Compiler crashes/Undeclared function index 1036 (with -cl-opt-disable)

I do not see crash on a HD7xxx GPU, Can you try on any other GPU at your end?

Getting a 5xxx may be little tough for me.

0 Likes
soylentgraham
Adept II

Re: SDK 2.8.1 - Compiler crashes/Undeclared function index 1036 (with -cl-opt-disable)

I'm afraid not, will the ISA/IL output from KernelAnalyzer2 help at all? Or is there a stacktrace/crashdump or something similar I can capture when this occurs which will help you?

It crashes if I just build CPU too, so I presume it's not a GPU specific issue...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1730540/ka2crash.png

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

What GPU driver are you using?

And CodeXL version?

Please try with latest softwares, I do not see this issue on both windows and linux.

0 Likes
soylentgraham
Adept II

CodeXL is latest version: 1.2.3897.0

I'm using the latest drivers and catalyst control center (as bundled with SDK 2.8.1 as title)

From catalyst control center:

2D Driver Version: 8.01.01.1295

Catalyst version: 13.4

Driver packaging version: 12.104-130328a-155980C-ATI

From Device manager:

Driver version of "ATI Radeon HD 5670" : 12.104.0.0

0 Likes
soylentgraham
Adept II

Re: Re: SDK 2.8.1 - Compiler crashes/Undeclared function index 1036 (with -cl-opt-disable)

Attached is another .cl kernel which crashes for me. I've boiled it down to as little as possible which casuses a "Fatal compiler error encountered" crash in KA2 with "-cl-opt-disable" (It doesn't crash without it).

Incidentally it causes my display driver to crash (black screen for about 30 secs then win7 restarts it) when I run the kernel in my app

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

can you try with 13.6 beta driver?

soylentgraham
Adept II

with 13.6 beta2 driver, Test.cl immediately above in the thread now compiles successfully with or without the -cl-opt-disable.

Going to test some more kernels and report any other crashes. In this thread (Unless there is a more appropriate place to report these? start new threads?)

So far, the only crash I've had is [which was present before] debugging a kernel which says something along the lines of "Tried to access invalid virtual address" which crashes my app [probably an assert from a return], This USED to also take down visual studio, but doesn't any more.