Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

sp314
Adept II

Re: ROCm OpenCL Program binary format

Hi matszpk,

I've managed to get the ROCm OpenCL to work (temporarily), clinfo now prints Driver version: 2545.0 (HSA1.1,LC), among other things, and I've generated a new binary for you. Please see attached.

Is this what you needed and does this help? I'll have to go back to AMDGPU-pro sometime soon, but in the meantime, if this is what you need, you can send me a few kernels and I'll compile them for you, if you want.

Best,

sp

0 Likes
matszpk
Adept III

Yes. This is the ROCm OpenCL binary. Thank you for any help. Currently,  I am working over reading/writing metadata which is attached in these binaries and full support for this binary format in CLRX assembler will be ready soon.

0 Likes
sp314
Adept II

Great, I'm glad I could help.

Somewhat related, I'll eventually have to switch from ROCm to regular OpenCL, and I was planning on using your assembler (I've used it before). Would you mind me tagging you in the posts on this forum if I have questions? I'm not quite sure how to set up the kernel parameters, such as VGPR and scalar register counts, and the amount of LDS that I use, things along those lines, but I'll post it later and in a separate thread.

0 Likes
matszpk
Adept III

Hi. I wrote ROCm support in my the CLRadeonExtender ( in an assembler and a disassembler). Also, I wrote preliminary sample (CLRadeonExtender source code, in samples directory) 'VectorAdd' (vector add in an assembly language) which could be work under ROCm-OpenCL. Can anybody test this sample under ROCm-OpenCL environment? I will be very glad if anybody will test this sample program under that environment. If you want to test this sample, just download latest trunk (or master on github) of a CLRadeonExtender source code and build it (to build samples you need to enable BUILD_SAMPLES option while calling cmake: for example by executing 'cmake .. -DBUILD_SAMPLES=ON ...') and try to run './samples/VectorAdd'. I can not do it, because I still don't have required hardware (mainly mainboard with the PCIE atomics support) to do it.

WARNING: This sample can work incorrectly and it can hang up device due to badly generated binary code.

0 Likes