Here is my computer:

GX60 3CC-294XES (Destroyer) - OS Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

AMD Quad-Core A10-5750M (2,50 GHz)

Integrated GPU - AMD Radeon HD 8650G

Discrete GPU - AMD Radeon Neptune XT R9-M290X 2GB GDDR5

RAM - Kingston CL11 - 2x8GB

SSD - PLEXTOR PX-256M5S SATA DiskDevice

HDD - WDC WD75 00BPKX-22HPJT0 SATA DiskDevice 750GB

I hope I did it well cause is the first time around here.

Now, the problem... I didn't achieve to activate the Open CL in my "good" graphic card and I need it for Photoshop, cause I work a lot with it... and because it's supposed to work!  :bonk:  At the beginning I thought about a problem with Photoshop CS6 Extended, but I preferred to check the problem with GPU-Z or another software...

It's supposed to support OpenCL as you can see in the notebook.com review, but after trying different drivers (from MSI, from AMD...) I didn't achieve it.

This is how I actually have my drivers (from MSI page) and reports from GPU-Z and GPU Caps Viewer:

2uo5pfo.jpg29afxl.jpg

It's funny cause the HD 8650G has the option to work with OpenCL, but the R9 M290X doesn't.

212tk6o.jpgvsmjx5.jpg

As you can see, GPU Caps Viewer recognizes both, but only the first one can work with OpenCL.

Another funny problem happened when I downloaded the drivers from AMD, cause suddenly my computer recognized the Graphic Card as AMD Radeon HD 8970M, the old version of this graphic card (R9 M290X).

I need your help, I don't know what to do with this problem after trying the typical solutions...

Thanks for your time.

0 Likes
1 Reply
cgrant78
Adept III

Did you actually verify that OpenCL is not available by running an OpenCL application instead of depending on the tools listed above? I wouldn't leave the determination of whether or not OpenCL is supported on a GPU without actually trying to run an OpenCL app. What shows up when you run clinfo from the command line ?

0 Likes