Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

erman_amd
Journeyman III

OpenCL on APU

Hi,

Is the AMD A8-3850 (Llano) can be used with AMD APP 2.4 SDK. What is the CPU and GPU inside (Phenom + HD6550?)?

0 Likes
5 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

ermen_amd,

IIRC, you are right about the CPU and GPU present in your APU device.

But as LLano was released after SDK 2.4, I am not sure if it will work with SDK 2.4. IT would be nice if you can try and share it here.

0 Likes

I had no trouble using A6 3650 using SDK 2.4 under Linux with latest drivers intalled. Both devices (CPU + GPU) were recognized under AMD platform and were working ok. I did not have time yet to test neither zero copy nor "heavy workloads".

I've read that the gpu is very similar (identical) to HD5550.

0 Likes

Thanks, Himanshu. Just bought it. I hope it will work with SDK 2.4, so do not need to wait for v2.5

Grigore, what Linux distribution you use, configuration, etc. ? Can you share it?

0 Likes

I tried to use CentOS 5.6.  When installing this message popped out

"SELinux is preventing aticonfig from loading /usr/lib/fgirx-libGL.so.1.2 which reqiures relocation ..."

How to solve this instead of disabling the SELinux?

0 Likes

I have 2 OS installed - Windows 7 x86 && Ubuntu 11.04 x64. On both configurations i used Amd latest drivers to date then (11.6) and had no trouble with SDK 2.4 ( only trouble was something related to Intel CPUs).

Firstly I managed to install the default driver on Ubuntu with no succes of installing the APU gpu. I hence turned to the latest driver from Amd website with which i had no problems till now.

0 Likes