cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

bsp2020
Challenger

OpenCL™ 2.0 is here!

Unfortunately, it is from Intel. When will AMD release OpenCL 2.0 support for AMD APU?

OpenCL™ 2.0 is here! Download the Release 2 of Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications 2014

0 Likes
45 Replies

The opencl.dll under system32/syswow64 does not even have the 2.0 functions exported. I don't really know who it belongs to, property sheet says khronos, but it may have been installed by Windows itself long time ago. The driver may be 2.0 compatible, but there is no way to test it currently.

0 Likes
humasama
Adept I

I have installed this new driver from AMD on Kaveri, but I still can't use SVM features, like clSVMAlloc(...). Does the latest SDK 2.9.1 support SVM features?

0 Likes

SDK 2.9.1 does not support OpenCL 2.0. Hence my initial suggestion that for most people, waiting for an integrated solution is probably the wisest path forward. In the interest of making this as easy as possible, we are focused on getting the integrated solution out and an updated SDK as quickly as we can.

0 Likes

Hello,

I am trying to install the RC1 driver version on various machines with different AMD GPUs such as HD 7000 series and 295x2. After installing the new drivers I am checking the opencl capabilities with clinfo. The platform now is OpenCL 2.0 and all the new OpenCL 2.0 calls are available. However all the GPUs are still considered as OpenCL 1.2 devices, do you have any idea how can I fix this?

Regards

Chris

0 Likes
cusa123
Adept I

So I went OpenCL 2.0 then ?.

No operational or codexl sdk, besides you can not make compilations of certain programs.

I hope to see much over for OpenCL 2.0 cycles amd compiled blender.

The new pirate islands would be very interesting to have compiled at least one rendering engine to squeeze the new memory modules.

0 Likes

cusa123 wrote:

So I went OpenCL 2.0 then ?.

No operational or codexl sdk, besides you can not make compilations of certain programs.

I hope to see much over for OpenCL 2.0 cycles amd compiled blender.

The new pirate islands would be very interesting to have compiled at least one rendering engine to squeeze the new memory modules.

You should test the R600 code branch on the updates to OpenCL :

[Phoronix] AMD Adds Native Object Code Support To Clover/Radeon: Big Performance Win

Tom Stellard announced his latest OpenCL-related improvements to the open-source Radeon Linux graphics driver.

Announced this afternoon by Tom Stellard are patches that add support to Gallium3D's Clover -- the OpenCL state tracker -- for compiling compute kernels into native object code. These native object code binaries from Clover are then accepted by the R600g and RadeonSI Gallium3D drivers.

For an example of the significance of this set of 10 patches, it changes the time of running Piglit's OpenCL tests on the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver from over 23 minutes to just over 3 minutes!

0 Likes