cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

merlion
Journeyman III

OpenCL 2.0 example compile problem

I download the Binary Search using OpenCL 2.0 SVM(http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/opencl-zone/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/open...) example and unzip it. Then I run "cmake ." and get wrong.

$ cmake .

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.

Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:

OPENCL_LIBRARIES (ADVANCED)

linked by target "SVMBinaryTreeSearch" in directory SVMBinarySearchTree/SVMBinarySearchTree/samples/opencl/cl/SVMBinaryTreeSearch

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

See also "SVMBinarySearchTree/SVMBinarySearchTree/samples/opencl/cl/SVMBinaryTreeSearch/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

I use Ubuntu14.04, I notice that in CMakeList.txt, it writes "../../../../lib/ ", but that dir only contains the win64/OpenCL.lib file. How should I change the cmake files so that I can compile it?

There is a /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so.1.

Thanks!

0 Likes
9 Replies
knightast
Adept I

I got the same problem, have you resolved?

0 Likes
knightast
Adept I

Finally, the following command works for me.

# ln -s /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so.1 /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so

0 Likes

0 Likes
dipak
Big Boss

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this.

There are two mode of Catalyst installation: 1) Install Driver <Os version> on X.org 6.9 or later  and 2) Generate Distribution Specific Driver Package (Default). I guess, you've tried with option 2. During Catalyst installation, please select the other mode of installation and then try to build and run the samples. If still face the same problem, please let us know.

0 Likes

Thanks! I will try.

0 Likes

Hi,

I have a similar problem: I can install the driver on Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04 but I get no OpenCL 2.0 support (I've tested a R9 280x and R9 290). clinfo returns

• Platform Version: OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (1598.5)
  • [...]
  • Version: OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1598.5)

for both GPU devices. The examples don't run because OpenCL 2.0 is not supported and compiling old OpenCL kernels with -cl-std=CL2.0 yields "Error: aclBinary init failure". Otherwise OpenCL 1.2 kernels compile and run without issues.

-- NaN

0 Likes

Thanks for reporting this. As per the README doc, Ubuntu 14.04 is recommended one.

I get no OpenCL 2.0 support (I've tested a R9 280x and R9 290). clinfo returns

We'll check it and get back to you.

Regards,

0 Likes

I found the problem: The R9 280X has no OpenCL 2.0 support. Please fix at least the information on the website. Furthermore, I only tested the R9 280X as single card and when I tried the R9 290, the R9 280X was still plugged in.

-- NaN

0 Likes

Mine is fine. I use APU A10-7850

clinfo:

Vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
  Device OpenCL C version: OpenCL C 2.0
  Driver version: 1598.5 (VM)
  Profile: FULL_PROFILE
  Version: OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (1598.5)
0 Likes