cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

pransu23
Journeyman III

Open cl programming basic

Tell me steps to setup environment for OpenCL.

In windows or Linux.

I have AMD Radeon HD 6470M.Tell which software I should install.

0 Likes
22 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Install the AMD Proprietary fglrx Graphics driver - http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Install AMD APP SDK - http://developer.amd.com/tools/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/

Run the samples in the AMD APP SDK, Look at the source code and you are on your way....

If in doubt, post here - The forum will help you out..

0 Likes

I am not getting my right driver.

I have installed vs 2008 and AMD APP SDK and trying to run sample "HelloWorld"  it telling "NO GPU device Found Set CPU as Default Device " what does it mean?

0 Likes

Driver is necessary to run OpenCL on GPUs. If you only install AMD APP SDK, you will get the CPU runtime(but not GPU runtime).

You should select

Notebook Graphics as the Type of system you have.

Radeon HD Series as product family

Radeon HD 6xxxM as product

And relevent Operating System.

Hope it helps.

0 Likes

What is the driver that you installed?

As I can see from the driver download page, you have to select

1. Notebook Graphics

2. Radeon HD series

3. Radeon HD 6xxxM series

4. And then, your OS (with appropriate bitness)

Did the driver install succeed? Are you able to see the Catalyst Control Center (CCC) when you say,right-click on your desktop

0 Likes

Untitled.jpgwhen I click on display result to get driver it redirect me on this page now tell me what to do?

and one more thing whenever I install any graphics driver like 7XXX series my system display work as it as without problem I also install driver from my driver CD.but only display is working, During the installation process of driver it shows binding fail with Microsoft visual C++ 2010.

0 Likes

Yes, thats the protocol.

Generic Notebook drivers are not compatible with all notebooks.

So, If you look at the web-page, it says the generic driver is not compatible with

"

Notebooks equipped with switchable graphics

"

What is the notebook that you are using?

If you are not using any of the above, i would recommend you to download the verification tool and run it.

Probably, I am assuming that the tool will auto-download the driver after it finds out the compatibility.

0 Likes

I have Dell Inspiron N4110. I have tried all verification tool and auto downloader  but it is not working.

Can u tell me something for linux  Ubuntu 12.10 also.

0 Likes

Can you elaborate more on what you mean by "it is not working"?

Is the driver installation failing? Please give more details. I can help you resolve your problem.

0 Likes

I shows Your internet connection is not connected but actually my internet is connected  so this fail  to install driver.

0 Likes

That may be a internet connectivity issue. Try downloading the Driver executable from some other source. You seem to be trying to download the right driver.

You might face some problems with this driver as notebook vendors are responsible for their setup. And It is recommended to use vendor's drivers. Although I have used AMD's proprietary drivers without much problems in my laptop (not DELL though). So probably 13.1 driver should also work fine.

0 Likes

btw, Are you behind some firewall (or) Are you directly connected to internet?

0 Likes

I have installed driver from my CD and also install AMD SDK and VS 2010.

I try to run sample Helloworld program it saying "NO GPU device found  set CPU as a default Device"

0 Likes

Tell now what to do..

0 Likes

OK. Can you tell what Driver version you have installed? Check Catalyst Control Center, (Information -> Software Tab). Number should be something like 12.10 or 13.1.

Hope you restarted the system after installing driver. Run clinfo and check if GPU is detected.

If it still does not work, there might be some problem because of the failed driver installations you experienced earlier. Try cleaning up the driver using http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU57RemoveOldGraphicsDrivers.aspx or Driver sweeper software or AMD cleanup utility(Win7 only). And then do a fresh install.

0 Likes

Since Dell is not listed in the unsupported notebooks in the download page, you should actually go ahead and install the driver from AMD's website. I dont understand why this is failing. Can you post some screenshots on the failure? We want to know why you are not able to install this driver.

However, if you insist that you will install the driver from your laptop vendor (i.e. from CD), You should go ahead and contact your laptop vendor for support.

0 Likes

version.jpgThe version of CCC shown in image.

0 Likes

I downloaded verification tool and try to install it shows this.

After this I went to dell support website and download video driver for my laptop through service tag  it says 7450M/ AMD Radeon HD 7650M driver.I download this from dell website and Install It showing status which is in PDF.

Do I 1st Uninstall VS 2010 and install driver before install VS.

0 Likes

okay, It is very clear that your laptop hardware is not supported by AMD proprietary driver.

So, you are right in reaching out to Dell site.

The PDF talks about VC++ redist failure. I suggest you install the VC redist from microsoft website/

Redist helps to install VC++ applications to execute without any issues on systems that dont have VC installed.

You can check http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=5555 for x86 (32-bit) redistributable.

Just google around, you should be able to find microsft site for your platform..

After installing the redist, you can re-try the diver from Dell ite.

Good Luck!

0 Likes

I have install VC++ package and reinstall the Driver but same error it is give. previous time when I hand uninstalled VS2010

and then install driver I had not got that previous time after driver installation I install VS2010.But the driver was 6470.And I had got msg "No GPU use CPU" as mention above.Tell me what to do.

I have Dell inspiron N4110

Service tag H1CXVQ1

I can identified Graphic card by driver only whichever driver I installed  it shows that Graphics card.I don't know which graphics card I actually have.

0 Likes

Your best bet is Dell support. They can tell you which driver to use, what hardware you have.

This forum is not the best place since the AMD-notebook-driver -verifier has already told that there is an incompatibility.

Good luck!

0 Likes

I have installed everything OK . but still my program is not running When I first time run any program suppose "Helloworld!"

then it pop ups Catalyst Control center and ask to assign Graphics which I assign but still it give msg "NO GPU device available set CPU as default device".after this if I again  debug then it give same msg.

Kindly Help me please...................

0 Likes

Same

0 Likes