Adept II

New Installation: clinfo segfaults

Hello,

I have been running opencl on 2 gpus for more that a year and things

were great.

I had to use a new disk so I had to reinstall everything. Now I get this:

->clinfo

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Also, when I run my code it also segfaults on clGetPlatformIDs.

There is an old thread on this but it is a bit out of date.

Any suggestions?

Sys details:

cpu  i7-3930K

gpus: 2 x 280X

Ubuntu 14.04.3, 64bits

fglrx 15.302

SDK-3.0

Thank you.

--

0 Likes
1 Solution
dipak
Big Boss

Hi,

It might be due to some installation issue. It seems that clinfo is unable to load the required libraries and causing the crash. Please try the below suggestions:

1. ICD loader may unable to find any the appropriate libraries. Actually, on Linux, the ICD loader scans the files in the path /etc/OpenCL/vendors to find vendor specific ICDs and libraries. For example, if the following file exists /etc/OpenCL/vendors/VendorA.icd and contains the text libVendorAOpenCL.so then the ICD Loader will load the library "libVendorAOpenCL.so". So, please make sure vendor specific ICDs are there and those are pointing to right library paths.
  2. Steps suggested in this link: OpenCL SDK 3.0 installs with a broken link

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi,

It might be due to some installation issue. It seems that clinfo is unable to load the required libraries and causing the crash. Please try the below suggestions:

1. ICD loader may unable to find any the appropriate libraries. Actually, on Linux, the ICD loader scans the files in the path /etc/OpenCL/vendors to find vendor specific ICDs and libraries. For example, if the following file exists /etc/OpenCL/vendors/VendorA.icd and contains the text libVendorAOpenCL.so then the ICD Loader will load the library "libVendorAOpenCL.so". So, please make sure vendor specific ICDs are there and those are pointing to right library paths.
  2. Steps suggested in this link: OpenCL SDK 3.0 installs with a broken link

Regards,

0 Likes

Many thanks dipak.

Number 1 worked.

Everything now is fine.

--

0 Likes