cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

bubu
Adept II

My kernel crashes Kernel Analyzer badly.

I have a kernel that completely crashes the Kernel Analizer ...

I won't post it here cuz I want to keep it private. Pls give me an AMD email contact and I 'll send it to you.

thx.

0 Likes
9 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Let me see if I can get some1 who can share his e-mail address.

Alternatively, if you share your e-mail address, we will get in touch with you...

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi Bubu,

By kernel analyzer -- Do you mean the one from CodeXL?

(or)
Are you talking about the legacy kernel analyzer, which is no more supported?

Best Regards,

Sarnath

0 Likes

The Kernel analyzer 2.1.880, which I use to precompile the kernels in order to load faster the kernels and to hide a bit my source code.

0 Likes

Sorry, kernelAnalyzer software is not supported. I dont even know what dependencies it has with the driver versions...

If you can reproduce the problem with CodeXL and the Latest drivers, I can lodge a bug report - provided you give me a repro-case.

Try stripping down the code to a bare minimal until it does not crash... As you iterate through this process -- you can probably find that code fragment which is doing it down... So, then -- you can build a very minimal repro-case for us to handle this problem.

Best Regards,

Bruhaspati

0 Likes

Can CodeXL precompile kernels? The idea was to use the KA2 to precompile my kernels because I don't want to redist my source code ...

0 Likes

I dont know if CodeXL can... But you can use clGetProgramInfo() to get binaries and store them in a file.

At run-time, you can use clCreateProgramWithBinary() which you already are doing I believe....

But yes, this would require the device in place...

Can KA2 compile kernels for any device (without the device being physically insalled?)

0 Likes

Have you checked this knowledge base article below?

I see you have participated in an Old thread on this....

I hope it works for you... If not, let me know..

Search for "CL_CONTEXT_OFFLINE_DEVICES_AMD"

http://developer.amd.com/resources/documentation-articles/knowledge-base/?ID=115

0 Likes

KernelAnalyzer is part of the CodeXL product.  It is supported by the CodeXL team.

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Whether your problem got resolved. Waiting for feedback from your side.

0 Likes