cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

kochale
Journeyman III

Installation of AMD APP SDK 2.9 (metrics.amd.com)

Hi

I currently struggle to install SDK 2.9 on several machines having several issues. One is that the installer (also the unified one) requests access to a metrics.amd.com website. I am behind a proxy and wonder how to reach this site - or if this is required at all.

Additionally, while on my Windows 7 system this does not seem to be a problem on the windows server 2012 machine the sdk fails to get installed (i.e. clinfo does not find the AMD platform).

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thx

Axel

0 Likes
2 Replies
munsingh
Staff

Hi Axel,

Thanks for the feedback. Would it possible for you to share the installation logs from your W2K12 server machines? The logs are generated in the %temp% folder. The Unified installer log will be named like: AMDUnifiedSDKSetupMSI_amd64.log.

Regards,

Manish

0 Likes

Hi Manish

Well, today the situation seems to be different (I wonder if it's Monday...) - the unified installer does not start installing any more i.e. after "preparing to install" it reports "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists".. etc pp. Probably I only tested this installer on the W7 machines. Does the log that is generated by the regular installer help?

Best

Axel

0 Likes