Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

plap
Journeyman III

I don't understand the profiler numbers

regarding the percentage

Many of the profiler numbers express percentages, but for instance the ALUBusy value of 2227. This is the percentage of time ALU instructions are processed relative to GPUTime. So, every second of GPUTime makes the ALU busy for over 22 seconds? How does that make sense?

There are many other values that make just as little sense to me. 😞

Can anyone shed some light on this?

0 Likes
4 Replies
n0thing
Journeyman III

I think that should be a print error, I have seen issues with the decimal point not present at correct place. So in your case for example ALUBusy = 2227 should actually be 22.27 or 2.27. Can you provide the source code (Kernel+runtime part) ?
0 Likes

It does make sense that this is a locale problem. AMD probably uses some locale specific functions to parse the output from the profiler to present it in Visual Studio. And as I live in Denmark, numbers are written like this:

whereas in the US it is the opposite:

AMD needs to have a look at this...

0 Likes

Thank you for the report.  We are investigating this problem in-house.

0 Likes

Hi,

I had the same problem, the profiler generates a .csv file with profilling information using '.' as a decimal separator and ',' as data separator. And this is in conflict with some countries (like Argentina) where we use ',' as a decimal separator. My solution was to change the regional settings to use " " (space) as thousands separator, '.' as decimal separator and ',' as list separator.

best regards,

Alfonso

0 Likes