cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Generating CALimage buffer from amuasm

Can I use amuasm to read in an IL file and generate a ISA suitable for reading into calImageRead?

I'm looking for a tool to assemble IL into GPU-specific code that I can later pass to calImageRead, resulting in a CALimage.

The "help" on amuasm shows:

textfile containing asm ascii source

Is this GPU-specific assembly or intermediate assembly (i.e., IL)? I assume since you can pass a stream processor target on the command line, amuasm an accept IL files.

Obviously, it is easy enough to use calclCompiler, calclLink, and calImageWrite to do the same thing, but if I can make use of amuasm I'd rather go that route to generate kernels offline.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Does anyone use amuasm? Can it accept IL code as input or only ASIC specific code?

I'd like to generate (offline only, not at runtime) a buffer suitable for use with calImageRead. It seems like amuasm should work for this purpose.

Can anyone from AMD confirm this? I can't test this myself at the moment since CAL does not work across RDP.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I tried to use amuasm to compile IL code and I got a compilation error, so no, I don't think it works with IL just assembly.

I think the "target" is to fill the hardware parameters that the header/footer ISA must use, this is though just an assumption.

0 Kudos