cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

mpherg
Journeyman III

FirePro S9150 with Intel Integrated Graphics (Matrox)

I have an Intel Xeon rack server running CentOS 6.3 with an integrated graphics adapter (Matrox) connected to a monitor, and an AMD FirePro S9150 headless server GPU installed. I have installed amd-catalyst-14-9-linux-x86-x86-64.zip (fglrx64_p_i_c-14.301.1001-1.x86_64), run aticonfig --initial, and rebooted. After much ado messing with /etc/bashrc, xhost +, DISPLAY=:0, rebooting, etc., I am able to see both the CPU and GPU devices using clinfo as a non-root user (hooray!). However, the locally connected monitor (connected to the integrated VGA adapter) doesn't display anything (yes, it's turned on and connected, verified by removing the xorg.conf completely and letting X generate its own configuration).

So really my question is: How do I configure my xorg.conf to load the fglrx driver and still use my local monitor?

Details of my configuration are listed below:

# cat /etc/redhat-release

CentOS release 6.3 (Final)

# lspci | egrep "VGA|AMD"

02:00.0 Display controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Device 67a0

02:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Device aac8

06:03.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox Electronics Systems Ltd. MGA G200eW WPCM450 (rev 0a)

# aticonfig --list-adapters

* 0. 02:00.0 HAWAII XTGL (67A0)

* - Default adapter

# fglrxinfo

display: :0.0  screen: 0

OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

OpenGL renderer string: HAWAII XTGL (67A0)

OpenGL version string: 4.4.13084 Compatibility Profile Context FireGL 14.301.1001

# ls -al /dev/ati/card0

crw-rw-rw-. 1 root root 249, 0 Nov  5 16:06 /dev/ati/card0

I have attached my xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log. Help me AMD discussion board, you're my only hope.

0 Likes
0 Replies