Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

apaschos
Adept I

Cuckoo hashing in OpenCL

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement parallel cuckoo hashing in opencl (gpu only) based on the dissertation found here Dan Alcantara's homepage >> Real-time Parallel Hashing on the GPU

Since it is part of a bigger project, I decided to create a standalone application. The thing is I discovered additional errors on the standalone, so I'm gonna have to post these ones first.

So the problem is in this piece of code:

prefixsum(BCount, BStart, totalbucks); //do the prefix sum to get the starting index for each bucket

barrier(CLK_GLOBAL_MEM_FENCE);

if(gid < SIZE) {

// Store the key and its index in the new global position

offsets[gid].x = offset;

offsets[gid].y = bucket_id;

offset += BStart[bucket_id]; // BStart gives back wrong values, although bucket_id is correct

Shuffled[offset].x = key;

Shuffled[offset].y = gid;

}

For some reason, BStart returns many zeros (it shouldn't), although prefix sum for BCount and bucket_id are correct (have been exported to cpu and then to file and checked).

Attached is the code for both host and device.

I'm working on Xubuntu 12.04 64-bit 3.2.0-48-generic

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series GHz Edition

Driver Version: Catalyst 13.4

I've tried on Windows 8 64-bit with same gpu and latest drivers (downloaded about a week ago) and encountered the same problems.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Edit: Forgot to attach the code!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello again,

Turns out the problem is on your side.

After looking at this thread http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1298947#1298947 , I tried without #pragma unroll and everything seems to work now.

The funny thing is nvidia driver has the same problem...

I'm attaching cleaner code (with comments on the #pragma unroll) in case you want to check what's going on.

Thanks for the support and a big thanks to mulisak,

Andrew

View solution in original post

11 Replies