Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

shailu1995
Journeyman III

Compile OpenCL code using command line

Hello,

I am trying to compile an OpenCL code in command prompt(windows).

Basically, I want to compile a simple C++ code(using cl.exe compiler) which in itself will compile another .cl kernel file (as it happens in OpenCL). So how should I compile this code and how to include the opencl libraries and everything.

I am a newbie in this field, so please correct me if I am wrong at some point.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Shailesh

0 Likes
1 Solution
dipak
Big Boss

Hi Shailesh,

Hope, you've already installed the AMD APP SDK and compatible driver on your system. Otherwise, please install the packages using below links:

AMD APP SDK ->  app-sdk

Driver -> Download Drivers

To build and run OpenCL project, please refer the section ''Building and Running OpenCL Programs" in  AMD Programming User Guide (/AMD_OpenCL_Programming_User_Guide2.pdf ) which shows how to build an OpenCL program using Visual Studio on Windows. Though I've not used the cl.exe myself to develop an OpenCL project, I hope, you can figure out the cl.exe command-line options to achieve the same if you are already familiar with the cl.exe.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
dipak
Big Boss

Hi Shailesh,

Hope, you've already installed the AMD APP SDK and compatible driver on your system. Otherwise, please install the packages using below links:

AMD APP SDK ->  app-sdk

Driver -> Download Drivers

To build and run OpenCL project, please refer the section ''Building and Running OpenCL Programs" in  AMD Programming User Guide (/AMD_OpenCL_Programming_User_Guide2.pdf ) which shows how to build an OpenCL program using Visual Studio on Windows. Though I've not used the cl.exe myself to develop an OpenCL project, I hope, you can figure out the cl.exe command-line options to achieve the same if you are already familiar with the cl.exe.

Regards,

0 Likes